CHAPTER 36

[Author's note: Hey my voracious readers... I'm back! ;)
Dedication to manasip24 of course... She has been pleading like hell!!
And one more person... He just joined Wattpad... ZaynMansuri!! Welcome to Wattpad and we'll be waiting for ur works... :)
Let's start! :P ]

I ran up to her, limping and bearing all the pain which had entered my body.
I stopped for a moment to gasp my breath bending a bit forward and placing my hand on the waist to stop the terrible pain rushing to the stomach..... I felt really weak after my head was injured.

But this could not pull me away from saving Nandini.

"Nandini" I smiled.
"I told you not to come here but you would not listen to me.... I am really sorry but I got a bit annoyed and I slapped you."

I raised my hand waving it awkwardly in the air.
"I didn't mean to do that at all!"

Her head was bent down. She was standing taking the support of a cornering wall. But she didn't look up all this while when I spoke.

"I'm sorry Nandini. Please forgive me. Let's go now!"

I was really puzzled about how were these words coming out of my mouth..... I knew the fact that when I slapped her she was possessed by Mahanandan's soul....

Oh no! Was that even now?

I went close up to her.... Very reluctantly I placed my hand on her shoulder and looked down at her...
My hand was shivering. Somewhere from within I felt the bile rise up in my throat.

I felt afraid to touch her or talk to her.
I knew that Nandini's and my parents were standing right behind me.... But yet, I felt that I was not safe.

I squeezed her shoulder and spoke in a comforting tone when Nandini continued to look at the ground....
"Hey! I am sorry. Come.... Let's go now." I said, letting out a weak smile....

She didn't look up to me.
I heard her burp!
Or was that a hiccup I don't know....
But that made me jump.

"Are you okay?" I managed to let the words out.
She finally shifted her gaze towards me.....
This time straight into my eyes.

She had an evil smirk on her face.... And the redness in her eyes was yet there. Intact!

I started limping my steps backwards. It was not Nandini. It was Mahanandan!

There was a lump stuck in my throat. I could not move. I was paralysed for a second.

As I took my steps behind, she stood up straight from the wall.
She started taking her steps forward.

That smirk! It made me freak the hell out of my lungs. My heart was beating like a race car with every step she came closer to me.

"No" I whispered.
"Don't come further!"

I turned behind towards my parents.
"Go back. I will get back to you all soon. Move! Don't ask any question just go...."

My mother opened her mouth to defend.
"But child--"

"Mom! Just go... Please okay!"

But they would not budge...
I had to convince them.... I could not risk their lives....
In the thirst to kill me Mahanandan could take their lives away too. I could not let that happen.....

"Move away!" I screamed my lungs out.

They stepped behind.
But didn't turn....
"Dad just take them away... I promise to meet you all in the next thirty minutes. Just wait down! I beg of you" I pleaded as my voice echoed in through the dome.

They walked away. I heaved a sigh of relief.

But in no time before I turned around towards Nandini.
I felt a hand slide up to the back of my neck.
He twisted it towards the left and tightened his grip.
I could throw up any moment. It was too harsh.

I punched him in the stomach with my elbow considering the fact that it was that beast and not Nandini.

"Agh! Leave!" I croaked.

I heard a horrific laugh.
The grip loosened.

As I tried to get away the laugh grew even louder.... It rang through my ears. It got unbearable when I saw him holding his stomach and laughing so terribly and so hard, but I had no force to conquer him.

He spoke up....
All the beauty on Nandini's face was lost. The sparkle in her eyes was replaced with red blood. An evil smirk took over her innocence.

He groaned, louder.... Turning it into a sharp and heavy scream.

Looking up he smiled, "You... You little boy! You will save her?"
As he spoke his voice was embossed with an essence of echo.... The one which made me feel that my Nandini was possessed!

I bit my lip to keep my eyes from getting puffy and weak.

I looked into his eyes...
"Why are you harassing her? You want to talk to me at the moment... I know you wanted me to face you! Come out of her body and then speak to me. If you push me away from coming to this fort... That doesn't mean that I'll stop trying. Even if I do, you will be the one shocked. That's cause I know you want to tell me something.... Which is important, for me, as well as you.... If you listen to me, I do the same to you!" I barked these words out fighting all the fear from my body.

I was afraid that he would punch me or harm me in some or the other way.

But he let out a short laugh before continuing his talk....
"So you want to see me, do you?"

"Yes!" I demanded.

"Okay then."

In a fraction of a second Nandini fell flat on the ground. I ran up to her avoiding the pain in my leg.

With all my energy I sat down next to her. I patted her cheek several times before I felt a huge gush of wind surrounding me.

Nandini would not get back to consciousness.

I looked up.
There he stood as he started materialising in sections.... when a hand popped out covered with royal silk and dripping with blood......

I held Nandini's hand in a firm grip as I saw him taking shape.....