CHAPTER 47

[Author's note: HELLLOOOO MY VORACIOUS READERS. *waves*
I missed y'all SOOOOO MUCH! Thanks a ton for keeping up with me and waiting for so many months. My sincere apologies to for the wait. I'm back, though! ;) :P
On a serious note, I can't promise that I'll be able to write a great chapter, because I've taken a HUGE break. I hope I don't let you all down. :/
This chapter is just a push to my writing "skills" :P. The next three chapters, which I believe are left, will be much more longer and better.
MEET NANDINI- :D
Lovely love,
-Mansi :)) ]

NANDINI.....................................................

I plunged myself into the darkness, once again as the world around me continued to revolve.

"Nandini!" A voice shrieked at the forefront and I managed to part my eyelashes only to see my friend- let me re phrase that- my only friend, Ira, waving at me frantically, with a wide grin plastered across her chubby face.
She adjusted her black rimmed spectacles on the crook of her nose and walked up to me with a childish buoyancy layering her grace.

I calibrated my eyes to the sudden brightness by blinking and rubbing them, as I motioned her towards the empty chair lined ahead.
My lips involuntarily twitched to a faint smile upon her appearance. I acknowledged her presence by nodding my head.

She was the only one, capable to pull me out from the depths of agony and bring me back to the reality, making my soul etch with happiness for having a true companion, who wouldn't judge me and was all ears to me, whenever needed, without any complaints, apart from Nikhil.

"Long time no see?" She chirped, flashing those fancy braces of hers, again. She dropped her bag to the corner before taking her seat.
I rolled my eyes before yawning.
"You talk like we haven't met in ages-"
I finished yawning and continued, "We did meet yesterday, the day before and the day before and the day before and the day before and the-"

"I missed you during the summer vacations while you were off to your 'wonderful' trip to Rajasthan. Oh! Must I say; Bhangarh?" She air-quoted.

"Ira, it's been a month since the summer vacations have come to an end, and a month since I have been back from Bhangarh." I said, stressing on the last word with a hint of sarcasm.

"Yes. And a month since you've had sleepless nights, dark circles under your eyes, loss of appetite and anti-socialism."
I opened my mouth the speak, but she cut right through the start to my sentence.
"It's been a month Nandini," She placed her hand over my shoulder with serious concern flickering on her face.
"It's time that you try to get over what all took place and turn into the bubbly Nands I knew two months ago."
I pursed my lips and looked down, giving her a chance to continue.
"You barely speak to anyone, Nandini. I can see your leadership qualities diminish, slowly. The only person you talk to is Nikhil, apart from me. That too, only if he approaches you. There's nothing different in my case either. You won't improve if you don't put efforts. And you're not one of those people who'd give up."

I looked up, "All this wouldn't have had happened if that douche wouldn't have been a stubborn prick."

"Well, the only douche I can see here is you."

"Of course. That's because he doesn't study in this school."

"Which douche are you talking about?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Sagar, duh!"

"Oh! Sagar," She smiled a sickly sweet smile. "He isn't a douche, come on." She sighed dramatically.

"What the hell, Ira? He's eleven, for God sake-"

"But he's so adorable that-"

"That doesn't mean you'd lose your sanity, would-"