CHAPTER 40

We looked at her with all the hope that was left in our teary eyes, and she simply smiled, guiding us about what were we supposed to do.

"Come on now. Make a circle around the grave and sit."

I rolled my eyes. A circle here as well?! Wow!
She looked at me suspiciously.

"Stop questioning yourself. Start forming a circle!"
Gazing at her in shock I stuttered, "Oh.... yeah, okay!"

We all formed a circle around the grave holding one another's hands as instructed by that lady.

"Sit." She demanded.
We crossed our legs and surrendered ourselves to all the mud and filth that laid on the ground. All I feared were those creepy insects that buzzed in the dark.
What if a snake would pounce up? Or a caterpillar would make its way through my pants.
Those thoughts itself sent gross shivers down my spine. Nor did I realise that my face had a disgusting look plastered on it.

"I told you to stop questioning yourself and over think about things which will not take place! I can understand and listen to everything that is going through your head."

I made a big "O" with my lips.

It was my father's turn, "Without wasting any time, let's start... Nandini is in danger!"
That's when my heart started hammering towards my chest.
"Nandini!" I whispered.

The woman, all of a sudden started reciting some hymns. I was trying to catch the language but it was not understandable. We all locked gazes with the nearest person wondering what she was up to.

On the other hand Niki was shivering with fear.... She was the one besides me and I could see Sagar trying to soothe her.
I almost smiled at that.... I too used to do that when Nandini would lose hope or would be afraid.

For a moment I forgot where I actually was present. Next to the grave of King Jaswant. The trail of my thoughts lined up to all the beautiful moments that I experienced along with everyone.

It all started with the thought clicking my father's mind for the trip to Rajasthan, and here we all are.... battling for our lives.

I frowned. Why was there no reaction?
I looked up to the woman and she gestured all of us to get up with a wide smile on her face.

We followed her instructions and facing her I gave her a questioned look.
She widened her eyes asking me to wait. She was scary!

In no time we felt a huge gust of wind brush past us.
I turned behind towards the grave followed by the others.
The buttons of my shirt were plucked open and I had to hold on to it.
We all had to squirm our eyes shut fearing the dust making a pathway to our eyes.

In a minute or so it was calm.
I turned back at the woman afraid. Not only me the others as well. In fact Niki squeezed herself in Dad's arms and he placed his palm on her stupid head. She should be given a "dramaqueen" title. I raised my eyebrows at her and she snuggled even closer.

"Look behind..." The lady smiled again flashing her teeth.
We did. There he stood. King Jaswant of the city of Bhangarh. The deserving owner and ruler of that city.
He looked like a matured warrior.
Somewhere from within I was getting the intuition that it was going to be a war of souls. But this time it will be the win of good over evil.

The moustache that he owned was placed with utter confidence and pride. His eyes gleamed with calmness but deep inside they showed sorrow as well.
He smiled at me. Wait! HE smiled at me?
I responded with a crooked smile back causing him to let out a short laugh.

I could listen to him finally. Oh god! What a rich voice he owned. Even if it sounded a bit spiritual and echoing it was deep and soft.

"Do not be afraid child!"
Niki pushed herself behind my father.

"I mean it dear. I will do no harm. I am here to help you all!"

He tilted himself a bit shifting his gaze towards Niki.
My father then pulled her out of his back.
Nandini's mother joined her hands in front of King Jaswant.
"Please save my daughter. She is in deep trouble. I don't know how is she feeling or what must have that Mahanandan done with her!" In no time she broke into tears. Nandini's father placed his hand on her shoulder lovingly rubbing it giving her satisfying look.

King Jaswant listened to her carefully with pity in his eyes, but as soon as he heard the word "Mahanandan" his expression changed and eyes grew red displaying shocking anger.
He clenched his fists and muttered something under his breath. I obviously could not understand his language but I am sure he was getting abusive.

I managed to blurt out a few words, "Sir" I started. It was really awkward I believe.
"I saw Nandini, ahem" I cleared my throat. The powerful anger that he displayed made me swallow a lump down my throat.

"I mean Queen Rajwanti....." I continued.
"I saw her, she was suffering from a lot of pain. I couldn't see her in that condition. Mahanandan wanted to do every evil thing that he could to her! She was in deep agony. All I want is revenge from that beast Sir! Please help us...."

As soon as I said those words I felt a massive pull dragging my legs. I was flat on the ground with my face stuck to the mud.
I was being dragged somewhere at a very fast speed in the opposite direction of the graveyard. I could see all my mates running after me with their jaws almost dropped to the ground with sudden shock.

I heard King Jaswant shout, "Mahanandan, you devil! Leave that child.... come fight with me if you want to!"

But they were no where to be seen. My elbows were bleeding with scratches and scars as my chin was getting rubbed towards the rocky surface of the ground creating heated friction and no sooner blood started oozing out from there as well.

I could feel someone hold my legs but I stopped. That massive pull stopped. I turned my head placing it on my cheek relaxing the heavily scratched chin. I felt dead. Every part of my body was burning and I saw my companions running towards me.

I shut my eyes, relaxing a bit on the ground itself. I didn't care where I was lying at the moment.
But my anger had boiled to such an extent that I got up applying all the force facing my parents.
"I'll kill that donkey!" I whispered.
"First Nandini and now all my expensive shirts!"
I muttered frowning dusting all the dirt off.

There was a hand placed on my shoulder. It was King Jaswant.
I turned towards him, "Dear, think before you speak! You cannot defeat Mahanandan alone. But his anger can vanish you in seconds!"

I breathed a heavy sigh.
"I'm sorry!" I looked into his eyes.

"He ran away somewhere seeing me behind him!" King Jaswant said with a smirk.

"......and I am sure that he went towards Madho Mahal..."

"What's that?" I asked puzzled.

"It's named after my father. You have been there before..... it is a place where Rajwanti is kept!"

I recalled the dome... under which she was kept....

After a minute of silence the old woman spoke up....
"Who is the strongest amongst you all?"

I pointed towards Nandini's father.... maybe because the past experiences made me feel so.

"I will take your help..." King Jaswant spoke pointing towards Nandini's father.

"I am ready to provide any help as far as my daughter is saved....."
He replied.

"So, do you give me the permission to enter your body? I will have to combine mine as well as your strength against him..."

All her father did was to nod vigorously.

What a moment it was... seven people interacting with two spirits, and eight of them will after we meet the third and the most evil one.
I couldn't wait to see Nandini.

Her father's posture completely changed. He looked so very erect. His chest was bulging out with pride.
Now he was not Nandini's father. It was King Jaswant whom I saw.......

[Author's note: Heyyo! My lovely lovely readers .... thank you so so so very much for cooperating all this while.... n I'm really sorry to make u'll wait like this....
Hope u guys enjoyed reading this part... I'll try my best to come up with the next one soon! :)
Love,
Mansi :D ]