CHAPTER 2

Time is an abstract concept. Maybe its measurement is. You seep into a hurricane of memories within a second or an aroma of void for days.

Nandini-

The stiffness of the night kept me back from sleeping. My mind said I was excited for the trip, but my thumping heart told another story.

It seemed like an unwillingness to step out of the borders of security. To prevent myself from blending with an indescribable memory that was about to be created again. But I wrapped those thoughts up in my blanket along with my shivering torso and slipped in the arms of sleep.

_____________

Waking up to the cawing of crows and the strong aroma of tea that sifts through your nostrils, along with your mother's frustrating groans about how lazy you are is honestly the best thing ever!

Not.

Hogging on some crunchy toasts with butter and jam, and gulping down the chocolate milk I hurried to my demanding mother; who despite her inability to use the computer was trying to access the internet.

"God, mumma. Type using all your fingers, no?" I brushed her hands off the keyboard and placed mine.

"Look. These two pinky fingers are for the letters on the extreme left and right, the ring fingers for these letters and the middle ones for the letters after. Yes yes. And switch the index on the first row like this. Nooo! Use your thumb for the spa-"

"Don't teach me. You know how to use it, right? That's more than enough." I pursed my lips at the figure that was so engrossed in the computer that she might've hit her head on its screen.

Rolling my eyes I asked her to get up. "Let me help you. What do you want to look for? Get up."

"No. Or else how will I see."

"Ugh. Fine. What do you want to look for, mother dearest?" I allowed sarcasm to drip from my words. She sure can be as annoying as I can. 

"Places to visit for the trip we're going to. God, where is letter J now?"

I pushed the key for her and typed the rest of it too. A bunch of lists appeared on the screen ranging with unique places to surround ourselves with. And I clicked on the very first list that displayed on the bright screen for the place which was a stranger.

Author's note:
I hope it's going well! If so, you can drop a follow on the accounts below.
Lovely love,
Mansi.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.