CHAPTER 38

[Author's note: I think I'm a bit early! Isn't it? :P
Anyway, a special mention to shreyashi2697 .... She is new on Wattpad and is up with her own piece of work... It's a Royal Indian love story. Please give it a try cause it seems to be really beautiful and interesting....
Let's start ;) ]

"Nikhil? Look up child. Where is Nandini?" Her father asked.

My mother ran up to me observing all my wounds with teary eyes. They were so puffy that I doubt if she could even see clearly.

"Could I get to sit somewhere comfortably first? Please?" I asked.

"Yeah! You need to...." They all spoke together in perfect unison.

My father helped me make my way to the car that they came in.
We all gathered into it and they all were waiting eagerly to know what was wrong, but they kept patience. Maybe because they knew the condition that I was suffering from.

I could not stop myself from thinking about all that happened an hour ago.
The way that beast forced himself on Nandini and touched her body. I felt like plucking my eyes out.
All I was afraid about what he might do to her now.... Now that I am gone!

"No!" I shrieked loudly.

"What happened Nikhil?" It was my father. He placed his hand on my shoulder noticing the wound on my arm that Mahanandan made with his shoes.
"Could you now please tell us that what happened? Where is Nandini Nikhil?"

"Let's start the car and go back.... I'll tell you'll on the way.."

Nandini's mother was furious at this but she tried to be as polite as possible, "Nikhil? Child, what do you mean? How can we just move back without taking Nandini along? Could you please tell us where is she and how long will she take to come back? What has happened there.... And why are you bleeding profusely?"
Her breath chocked as she spoke.

"She will take four days to come back. That too if we make efforts to get her back with us. She is with Mahanandan. If we drive back to the hotel then we can come back hatching a plan to conquer him."
I held her mother's hand in mine, "We need to do something. Mahanandan is not as easy as we think of him to be."
I looked away from her eyes continuing to talk, "I think we should leave."
I squeezed my eyes shut.

I just hoped that they didn't delay this any further.

Just then a question popped up in my head, it kind of made me panic....
"Where is Sagar and Niki?"

"In the hotel. We have kept them under the eyes of the manager." Came the answer from my father.
I took a heave of relief.

He got down from the back and shifted to the driver's seat. He turned on the ignition and started off.

I glared at the fort as my stomach twisted into a knot. I was not willing to leave her alone. How would I spend these four days without her and what could I do to get her back..... were the only things revolving in my head.

Suddenly someone pushed me gently which broke the trail of my thoughts.

"What's wrong with you? We have been waiting for you to tell us what all took place in the fort. Now only if you speak up Nikhil, or then I'll ask your dad to drive back to the fort. Enough of it!" My mother was losing patience.

I took a deep breath and looked into her eyes, "Okay! I'll tell you..."

Looking down at my feet I started....
"When you all came up to the fort behind me, you all know that we were following Nands... I told you all before, that she was possessed.
As I entered the room I saw her standing with the support of a wall and her head was down."