CHAPTER 17

All this actually happens because of black magic and that was the only thing which Nikhil's father thought..

But the answer was a no. Well, he was captured by a spirit, a soul which was asking for his wife .... Wife?

But why a dead man asking for a wife?

Maybe the driver also must've experienced that..

There were uncountable number of thoughts running through my mind..

Oh my God..

Driver!!

"The driver had the car keys.."

I was the first one to blurt that out..

How are we supposed to go about it?
We couldn't get in the car either. We locked the doors unknowingly.

How are we supposed to save ourselves, run back for a safe shelter, save our lives, how...? The car could not start without the keys.. And the driver had them.

I bursted out in tears. I could not bear anymore.. It was wrong.. Very bad. BAD..

I was tired of all this..

I did not need any adventure, no mystery, I did not need any fun.. In fact it was not fun anymore.. No excitement, nothing!

I wanted to stay happy with my family and live my life well now..

I simply wanted to stay alive..

But now to stay alive we only had one chance, and that was to get the keys back from the driver, even if he is dead or alive.

We decided to start searching for the dead, or maybe the alive driver's body... We asked Nikhil's father to help us out, maybe he knew the way...

Soon we reached that spot, the well. The well filled with a good amount of water. The well where these two men drew out a huge bucket of water.

And now that well which was completely empty! Not even a droplet of water found there only some creepy crawly shoots growing on its walls.

We first confirmed with uncle that if it was the same well, and he was more than sure giving a positive response because there were some similar aspects of that well which were described before by him..

And the worst part..

To our horror

We found the driver's dead body in it. We were shocked, screeching, screaming hoping that someone would help us. But it was not possible.

It was only the driver's face left, enough to be recognized and the rest done for. Undescribable. Torn, scratched, bloody...

Ugh, yuck..

We all sat down except for Nikhil and me... We both were looking at each other searching for an idea..

An idea to get those keys back...

That's when my father sprang out, "What am I saying people, why not go inside the well with some support, take the keys and get back.. I think its an easy job. Maybe."

My mother grew furious at this.

"Have you lost your brains Hiren. You wanna go down in the well next to that dead body and get the keys. Dont you value your life? I wont ever let you do that .."

But Nikhil's father nodded in agreement.

I was totally against this, so was Nikhil and his mom.

But who could stop these two!

So it was decided that my father would get into it.

No dad! Please...