CHAPTER 44

[Author's Note: Heyyy!! Really glad to see y'all again! :D
As I promised, there is your Nikhil :P Please gimme your views on him though :) And all of my lovely readers know that I indeed AM really really very sorry!

Dedication? How can I miss that?
Again, I have two people for that... one, ZaynMansuri... the true inspiration behind me introducing Nikhil.... so a BIG thank you to him... :)
Two, YashShetye... why? Are you a history freak?? If you are, there is a perfect novel for you, "The Fall". A beautifully illustrated love story in the world of Bastille :D

So, now how many hands up for Nandini?? ;) Give me another 30 comments, like this time, as a positive response, and there, you will meet her :P
I'm sorry, again it's a long Author's Note :/

Now, are you even interested in the story or you'll keep looking up at him? ;) Just kidding... I'll start :D ]

It was an understatement if I said that I panicked.

No. Suddenly the dinosaurs came into existence and started fluttering in my stomach and making me believe that something is really, really wrong! Not only that, after I checked Nandini's pulse and came to know it had stopped being normal, I started patting her cheek and trying to get her back...... she was losing life!

"Nandini?"
"Nandini no!!"

No response...

I laced her fingers through mine.

"Nandini please be okay?!"

I lifted an eyebrow of hers upwards to see if she could manage to open her eyes. But as soon as I left it down, it didn't open again.

"Shuck! Nandini, respond damn it!"

I tried it with the other eye.

"Nandini please be okay, please be okay, please be okay, please be okay, please Nandini!"

I started chanting uncontrollably and my mother started rubbing my back. I shoved her hand off. I didn't know why, but I was really mad at her.

I know that it wasn't her fault, but seeing Nandini I couldn't help but be pissed at her.

I lifted her chin upwards.
"Please be okay Nandini! Please be O-freaking-kay!" I shouted the the last sentence out.

My head dropped on her hand, "No!" It came out as a faint whisper.

"We have to do something. I cannot let her lose life... and I need your help." I looked at my mother who eagerly nodded in agreement.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

She looked a bit confused.
"Don't you know?"

I gave her a questioning look.

"Actually, I lost my way... and I thought that all of you'll were together? The statue..."
She opened her mouth and closed it again. I could see her juggling with words to speak.

But, an explanation wasn't required. My mother and I were pulled into hallucination.

But that was when it struck me, if it is hallucination, how could Nandini possibly be here, along?
This game was getting smarter and confusing at the same time.

But I was certainly back in my senses and so was my mother. Nandini was lying on my lap and I could see her arm bleeding.

My mother was hallucinated.

I was hallucinated.

And this hallucination lead my mother to cut Nandini's wrist.

So Nandini's wrist being cut was not imaginary.