Chapter 2: Meeting 'Eomeoni'

I brushed my cold arms. I was covered with a thick layer of wool, but the cold chills still made it through my skin, making me shiver. My lips pursed together as I tried to hide the strong emotions that was bursting inside me. But my cheeks already felt tight and my eyes were nearly tearing out by the expressions I'm holding back---hey, I need to look calm or else I'll look weird, freaking out alone.

I strolled my luggage smoothly on the porcelain floor of the famous Incheon Airport as my eyes wandered through the widely built buildings, to the unfamiliar faces of mostly korean people all with their huge bags, fully stuffed.

I met my own reflection on a big mirror-like glass that was set in between each sharp-edged walls. I began to notice my beautiful features---I'm not that ugly!

My dark brown upturned eyes with double eyelids and fresh bulges of 'aegyo-sal' matched my oval-shaped face. It was framed with my long, long dark brown hair with sections of bouncy curls at the end.

My straight eyebrows were slightly curving at one end, giving me an innocent look, and complementing the pair of gradient lips I have. A nose that stood out from the rest would point out between my cheekbones that would lift high when I flash that sweet, wide smile.

All of this, marking on my tall, slender built body, covered with a loose gray sweatshirt, together with skin-tight dark jeans and a pair of dark blue sneakers. Underneath this is a smooth lather of white skin.

'Too bad it's not pale white'

I thought as I neared the meeting point. I scanned the crowd of people, most of them are holding placards with different printed names---I suppose.

'MS. HANNAH LI' I noticed a white card on the air that read my name

I walked my way to a middle-aged korean man, thinking that he could be grandpa's private driver. He was wearing a nicely ironed light poloshirt which was tucked in his long pitch-black slacks, pairing it with dark, shiny leather shoes. He then turned at me, as he noticed my approach.

"Uhm, annyeong! I'm Hannah Li, mister---" I greeted him, then pulled my ID revealing my name on it.

"Oh, hello ms. Hannah! I'm Mr. Goon, your grandfather's private driver here in Korea." He smiled warmly as we exchanged bows and shook hands.

He motioned to hand him my baggages, leaving only the bagpack that hung loosely on my back. Mr. Goon led the way through a long, wide hallway with huge tinted glass walls covering the path with perfection.

I felt the temperature arise as we neared the exit, revealing the nicely balanced weather in the open. I remember it was October, the start of autumn in Korea.

Mr. Goon then left to get the car and my eyes went through the wide and clean streets that paved on the ground like a smooth riverflow. The 'korean' sunlight on my almost wrapped up skin still feels refreshing.

Soon, my head tilted up to witness the great skycrapers nearby. Then I began to inhale the fresh air deep into my lungs. It somehow gave me the essence of freedom--yeah I'm free, finally.

It didn't took long when a black and sparkling XUV rolled down and stopped across the street, giving me enough time to jump in the middle-row seats. I immediately took off my bagpack and made it rest on the smooth empty seat beside me.

I glanced at Mr. Goon. His hands curling on the steering wheel and his calm tiny eyes was fixed forward. Oh, how I wish I could drive myself here---I'll be for sure ending up lost.

"So, you're up for a long vacation in Seoul?" He asked as we drove off.

"Ah, neh, a whole school break is not actually long enough for me mr. Goon. I would like to stay here for as long as I want--- and I definitely love to stay forever." I giggled at the lame idea my tongue failed to hold. Mr. Goon smiled and nearly laughed, showing small lines on the corner of his eye.