Chapter 7: Better Than A Back Hug

[Hannah]

I was restraining myself not to go down. I was just chillin' in the treehouse earlier, hoping that it could conduce in making me drowsy. He's here. And he doesn't look well.

I was so worried that I want to run to him and just make him feel better. But no, I can't do that. I haven't lose my mind yet. I can't just appear from nowhere and offer my concern.

I glanced down from the porch. My legs couldn't stay still. Now I'm frantically pacing back and forth, biting my nails. I thought I had outwit this bad habit.

I finally settled myself lying on the warm carpeted floor. This is the best I could do. If I go down, I would mess up everything.

"Yah!"

I jerked up and turned to where the threatening voice came from. My eyes were at its fullest, meeting Taemin's dark orbs that was staring at mine intensely. But before I could make a sound, I noticed what he was holding. And I knew that I was so screwed up.

"Do you know how uncomfortable it is to live with a person like you?" He said after throwing the book on the floor. I catch it and held it close, before I went back to my frozen state.

"How much photos did you already took, huh?"

There was silence. I couldn't talk. I was caught up with some kind of an illusion. How did that stupid book find its way to him?

He took a step closer and got down on one knee, so we were on the same level. He drew his face closer and locked his eyes on mine that I have no choice but to stare back at them. Holding my breath in, I was near to suffocation when there was too less space between us.

"Tell me Hannah-ssi, how much time do you need to completely expose all of me in public?"

My mouth went open as I frowned at what he said. I shook my head and backed out a little.

"W-what?" I finally managed to speak. My shoulders were stiffened. I'm thinking of right words to somehow defend myself.

He threw his head down and smirked. He shifted and sat squatting on the floor, before returning to face me. His eyes were fierce. The somber look on his face made me shiver.

I don't know if I should be frightened or I should focus on the rising heat that was now invading the place. He was sitting in front of me, waiting for my explanation. But once again, his charisma was dragging me out of the way.

His loose shirt was revealing more of his creamy chest, and his tight pants were forming his toned legs that were obviously all worked up. His sturdy arms were behind his sides, supporting his lean body.

It must've been because of his sickness that his cheeks were a shade of red, and his lips were chapped like he hadn't drank enough water. His hair was messy all over his forehead, causing his eyes to become even more dark and menacing.

I swallowed hard by the view in front of me. He's just too---distracting.

"I--I have no intentions like that." I looked away from his eyes. I have to think straight. I have to convince him that I'm not a SASAENG fan.

"Then, just go back....." He said, plain but dull. "...to your country."

My eyes suddenly darted back to his. Did I heard him right? Does he really mean to send me back---away from him?

"If you really are not recklessly stalking, prove that you can go away from me." He stared deeply into my eyes, as if he really mean each word he said.