Chapter 8: The Shining SHINee

After calling my family and telling grandpa every single detail I had experienced in this dream-like reality, I was now staring at the flat screen in front of me, already wrapped up in my pajamas. I can clearly hear the sound of the news reporter but my mind wasn't paying much attention. I was partly frustrated.

At least I have Lettuce with me. He was lying on the floor, chewing one of his fluffy toys. I had let him in, so I wouldn't feel so alone. But still, I never thought living by myself would be this hard.

I remember how I would wish to live without my parents, how freedom would feel without them. But they're the only people I have. I never had bestfriends to party all night and get drunk. I never had girl friends to go shopping and spend everything on our wallets. I never had a boyfriend to feel committed and think that what I'm feeling could have been love.

And that made my life so boring. I never had the chance to experience all of these because I'm a caged bird. I should be so happy to get out of it for the meantime. And yes I am. Yes I am.

I was lying down the long sofa, holding the remote over my stomach. I feel like a princess waiting for her prince to come. I shifted my gaze on the ceiling. The fluorescent was lighting the gloomy room and I was feeling more and more helpless. I have to think of something to do, or else I'll be spending half of my life like I'm used to.

Then an evil smile began to cross my face. A stroll down the night market won't hurt. I jumped up and turned the tv off before I ran to my room.

It's the second night after eomeoni went off to Japan. I've been living on my own for a couple of nights for the first time! That means, Taemin didn't visit me. Well, why would he?

I put on a sleeveless top and a thin jacket to cover my bare arms. I wore a skin-tone jeans in a dark brown boots that made me taller with the heels. I styled my hair with curls at the end and put a little make up on my pale face. It would be my first time to go out alone in South Korea. So, I must not look like a beggar.

I checked myself out on the mirror. 'Hannah-ssi, own the night'.

I walked out to my room, then to the hallway. The heels on my shoes goes 'click-clack', the only sound that echoed in the house.

Lettuce went on all fours as he noticed me. His ears were straight up. Like, 'where are you going?'. He probably smelled betrayal 'cause I'm leaving him.

I smiled and patted his head as I opened the front door and we walked out of it.

The cold wind brushed towards me as I took steps to the gates. I crossed my arms, hoping that it would convince me not to go back to get a thicker jacket. It's not snowing but it's not a normal warm night either.

"I'll be home shortly, Lettuce. Wait for me, okay?" I looked at him before I turned the lock. Then I paused as I heard a car engine stop just in front of the gates. I heard a car door open and someone went out of it before slamming it close.

I just ignored it, and opened the gate to continue my 'little sneak out'.

"Oh! Are you Hannah?"

A soothing voice made me look up, only to meet a very familiar face. I was surprised to see who was smiling back at me. And I didn't had the chance to close my mouth and answer his question as I found myself starstrucked at the moment.

It was Lee Jinki! SHINee's leader, commonly known as Onew. His voice was really a pleasure by the ears, and he isn't singing yet. His single eyelids made his eyes almost turn into thick lines when he smiles, his pure smile.