Chapter 9: Don't Go

[Hannah]

It took us half an hour to arrive at the place eomeoni told us. She said Taemin have bought an old house years ago. He fell in love with the quiet place so he decided to buy it for his own. And after renovating it, now it looks like a little mansion in the midst of a thick landscape. Making it a perfect secret hiding place for him.

We stood outside the house. The only house we saw in the place. It's either the neighboring houses was just by a distance, or there's no such thing at all.

"Whoa! It's really nice..." Key pointed out while the others watched in amazement too. "How dare him hide this from us?"

"Yeah, we could all live here peacefully." Minho added.

We all trailed to the front porch of the house. It didn't had a gate so we could see the lights from the glass windows. It was covered with curtains though, but it's obvious that there's someone living in there. And we hope that it's really Taemin.

Soon, Jonghyun ran past the others and he made the honor to knock on the door violently.

"Yah! Don't scare him away!" Key hissed.

I watched the five boys on their backs as they began calling out his name. Knocking carelessly against the well-carved entrance. Louder and louder they went, before my heart skip a beat when the door finally creeped open.

I didn't had the chance to see him when all of them barged in to hug him, causing the person in front to tumble on the floor with a loud thump.

"Yah! How did you find me?! It's been just hours! Aissh!" It was indeed Taemin's voice, mixed up with the loud fuss of his friends.

I realize I was smiling awkwardly outside the open door, watching them hitting each other playfully on the floor. I could now see his body. He's wearing sweatpants and a tank top that made him look desirable as ever. But I still couldn't see his face, as the boys' silhouettes was blocking my view.

"You idiot! What were you thinking running away huh?!" Onew scolded but soon he couldn't hold a straight face and a wide grin tug on his lips.

"I suppose you're hiding a lot of things from me Taemin-ah." Kai cried while slamming his body across Taemin's. "First your runaway plan, and then next your classy house?!"

The house was indeed a classy one. I could notice the modern pieces of furniture inside, and despite the huge space it was consuming, there still is a lot of space left in the living area.

"Oh right." Jonghyun flinched when he caught me looking at them. He hurriedly stood up, causing the others, including Taemin, to look over to where he was going.

"We brought a guest...Taemin-ah." He stated while moving out to me. He held my arm and drag me gently to them.

I watched my feet tremble as I forced them to step inside. I held my breath when everyone was getting back into their feet. Now they must be sorting out our reaction. But I was afraid to look up. The dumbest way I could feel. I was afraid to meet his eyes again.

"You don't have to do this." Taemin said. A struck of daunting tone, lurking under his breath. "Hyung why do you have to force her? You could still get me back even she's not here." He sounded pissed.

While he continued to argue with a couple of his hyungs, the rest were standing by my side. And someone was resting his arm on my back. Probably trying to make me calm. Because they all know I wasn't, when I didn't even move my eyes from the floor.

"Hey, maknae...cool down. It's not like you'll die if we bring her here." It was Minho's voice. "Come on, let's get going."

Two of them drag Taemin out of the house. Then I was moved aside to give way for them. I could see him strangling in Minho's hold in my peripheral vision.

"Yah! Where are you taking me?" He scoffed.

We trailed after them, while someone locked the door behind.

"Hey, you okay?" I turned to find Kai on my side. It was his arm that was supporting my back. I nodded reassuringly at him before I looked in front. Catching the sight of Taemin, in between Onew and Minho.

They opened the car and hovered Taemin in the last seat at the back. Minho then turned at me. Somehow, I picked up what he was gesturing.

I swallowed hard before running to him. He was asking me if I wanted to be with Taemin in the rear seats. And being too disoriented awhile ago, I wanted to get back on track. I came here to see him, to talk to him. Maybe this was my chance.

So, I followed and went in the car next. Then I found myself taking the seat beside Taemin. I notice him turn out the window when he saw me. But I just ignored the crazy palpitation in my chest and tried to relax in my hot seat.

Soon, the car was slowly being filled in with each member. Now Onew was together with Kai in the front seat then Key, Jonghyun, and Minho in the middle seats. And ofcourse, Taemin and I were stuck in the end.

"I'm supposed to be sleeping right now. Where are you taking me? This isn't the way to our dorm." Taemin yelled against the noise his hyungs were making. Yes, they were talking, and laughing their heads out again. And it seems that there was a thick boundary between us and them. We were probably out of place.

"And why are you bringing super huge bags?" He continued.

They slowly refrained from talking and Jonghyun turned at us to answer. "We're going to Jeju island clueless grumpy boy."

"What?!!" Taemin and I yelped at the same time. This made us turn at each other. And for the first time in this night, our eyes met.

We both shared the same shocked expression. Then when we realized it, we both looked away. Ashamed of thinking that it was a place we had once visit as lovers. A place where our happy memories was imprinted.

And I think I couldn't stand visiting that place again. Especially now that we're still together, but never lovers like before.

"Stop the car. I'm not going." I suddenly said. And this made all of them turn at me, while Kai slowed down the car. I felt Taemin made a glance at me too, but he never joined the others in convincing me to just go with them.

"I'm sorry guys. But I really can't." I declined once more. Then, they all began to surrender, while Kai stopped the car to drop me off.

"Thank you anyways. I really hope I could go-" I stopped. I didn't finished what I was saying. If I would attempt to continue, I couldn't. Because I have probably forgot the next words I was about to say.

My eyes slowly traced my hand that was being held tight now. It's as if I was drenched in cold water when I confirmed that it was Taemin, gripping on my hand. It was him that was holding me, somehow restraining me on leaving.

"Don't go." He whispered. His voice, sticking inside of my head, and playing over and over again.

I turned up to find him, his eyes intensely glued on mine. Melting every will I had, to break out from his hypnotizing spell.

"I-I-I..." I stuttered. I was thinking of reasons. Reasons that would somehow persist me in my first decision--to leave before it's too late.

But as each second pass, all I could think was the need to be with him. Just how would it go if I consider his words. Those words that would make me want to hug him, and tell him that I wouldn't leave him ever again.

Then, before I knew it, I was already nodding. Somehow, I didn't notice that the others were watching the show. And when they hear me say okay, they burst out cheering, while casually teasing the both of us. Then the car drove off again.

I hear Taemin sigh in relief. And he smiled at me while letting go of my hand. We both sank back in the seats. This time, the atmosphere was lighter. I was relieved that he wasn't planning on ignoring me for the rest of my life.