Chapter 13: Jagiya

[Hannah]

"Are you sure with that Hannah-ssi? Well, you could always come back here." Eomeoni said.

I told her about what happened in the park, and I lied that it's the main reason why I decided to go back to the Philippines. I had requested for Mr. Goon (remember grandpa's private driver?), to work on my passport yesterday and I'll be sure to leave on this day.

I've done packing all my things, and in a couple of hours, I have to be in the airport.

There was a glint of sadness in eomeoni's eyes when I turned at her. I know we had bonded a lot in so little time. And I can't deny that I had gotten used to living in her comfort.

I nodded and gave her a warm smile. But before she could smile back, we suddenly leaped in alarm, hearing the rapid noise outside. There were loud knocking and yelling outside, something we can't make up. Eomeoni stood up then I followed her to the gateway.

As we neared the gates, the noise became more and more audible. We realize there isn't only one person outside, but many.

"Neh? What do you want?" Eomeoni called out, leaning closer to the gates. The doors remained shut because she had a bad feeling of opening it.

We heard the crowd outside panic and they began asking questions.

"Is a 'Hannah Li' living here? We would like to conduct an interview with her." A woman's voice overshadowed the others.

Eomeoni turned at me and we were both having the same expression. I clearly heard my name and it just made cold sweat run all over my body. I'm sure I had millions of messages now, waiting to be read, and most would be bashing.

"How did they found out where I live? And...that you're living with me?" She whispered at me as we backed off and sat tensely on the bricked bench.

"Ah~ Eotteokhe? How can I get to the airport now?" I bit my lip as I became worried. Rumors spread really fast though. I wonder how many people were outside and how much time does it take for them to break the wooden gates.

The press continued in asking to open the gates. And some were endlessly banging the door. I noticed eomeoni pull her phone out then hurriedly held it on her ear after pressing a number. She waited for an answer from the other line she was calling.

"Taemin answer it now." She murmured.

I tensed a bit in hearing his name. I hadn't mentioned to her that I would like to keep my departure from Taemin. And realizing that she's actually calling him now, my fingers were crossed.

"Hey, son! We're in big trouble. The press located our house and they badly want Hannah!"

She paused for awhile to hear her son's words. I wonder what he said. They spoke for awhile then eomeoni hang up after they agreed on something.

"He said you two need to see his manager." She said.

[Taemin]

I ran down the building leaving my hyungs with my manager. We had a meeting and my manager wants to settle things with Hannah, to make her aware about the things that could happen.

I went to the underground parking space then jumped in my car. I'm heading to our house to get her, and hopefully the crowd there had gone off this time.

I drove fast. I don't know but I want to get there as soon as possible.

***

The rain had poured hard and it caused traffic. It took me half an hour to reach our village. As I neared our house, I didn't see anyone outside, except for a black car that was parked near the gates. I thought it might be one of the press' service but I didn't back out. I parked my car just behind the other and I immediately went out and reached our shade, gaining a little drops of rain. I knocked on the gates impatiently.