Chapter 3: Am I Dreaming?

'Eomeoni' a formal way of saying mother rather than 'umma'. I recalled.

I looked up to her with slightly lifting eyebrows.

"I'll be your second mother here, so treat me as one, okay?"

I stepped inside, dragging my things while smiling with eomeoni's warm offer as she locked the doors behind me.

My eyes wandered through a dazzling looking Hanok. It stood in the wide lot that was fenced with high stone walls. On the center, its circular beautifully bricked pond could tempt any visitor to look in it. Just beneath the pond was a trail of stone steps that leads to an L-shape main house made of fine wood and smooth-looking stones.

And across it was another structure, smaller than the main, that goes straight to the end. A silver sparkling car was parked after a big oak tree that has a rope ladder, leading to a pretty house between the tree's huge branches.

The whole place gives a fresh ambiance with the swaying greens all over and the traditional house. I can't take my eyes off it.

'Ahh! I feel like I'm shooting a real drama' I thought as I felt eomeoni's hands on my shoulders, leading me to the front porch.

We took off our footwear leaving only our socks after our skin. My eyes glanced at the floor expecting to find another pair of shoes or a pile of them, but it comes bare except for one corner that ours occupied.

"Eomeoni, do you live alone now?"

"Ah, neh, sort of. My sons just visit me here some time."

Wait, what? I only remember a Lee Kwang Soon having beautiful daughters---not sons. What happened?

Eomeoni led me through the door, and I can't help but notice a very clean place. It's so neat that it's like sparkling through my eyes. We passed through a living room, into a piano room and then to a row of four doors that lay on one side.

"This will be your room my dear Hannah." She said while opening the door to the last room. The brightness outside broke in through the open windows which made the floor shimmer.

"kamsahamnida!" I bowed then looked at her glad pretty face.

"Unpack your things. I'll be waiting for you in the living room. I have so many things to ask my Ttal (daughter)."

I nodded then she left me. Her footsteps on the wooden floor began fading. I sat on the soft and bouncy bed that was covered with silky sheets. On its end was a stiff pillow, with a pile of blankets on top.

Across the bed, a wide cabinet and a desk stood with matching shade of brown. I placed my bags on the side of my bed---I'll unpack later. I still have to figure things about eomeoni's supposed to be daughters.

I hopped up then made my way out. As I took a few steps through the piano room, my eyes caught the hanging photos on the wall. On the opposite side, there were frames that stood on a long shelf.

I walk towards the shelf then began to squint my eyes as I drew closer to the photographs. My eyes trailed on the row of photos until it paused on a family photo that was nearly black and white.

Ne, that's eomeoni, as beautiful as ever. And this man is probably her husband. There's no doubt how this good-looking man fell for her---her beauty is one of a kind. And then I noticed two boys around their arms---and maybe these are their sons.

Wait.

WT~?!

My eyes began to widen that I think they can fall off anytime. Both of my hands covered my open mouth, before I could curse. My heart began to beat rapidly as I held my breath, and felt the time freeze right before my eyes that were almost forming tears.