Chapter 25: Mother

***

"So you're saying that her boyfriend did this to you?" Key pointed out, expectedly receiving a glare from Taemin.

"I told you he's not her boyfriend anymore." He snapped back before he continues pulling down the shirt he just shoved on.

It was the day after the night he got beaten up, and the bruises all over his body have just worsened out, including the piercing pain that went with every mark of broken blood vessels.

"I don't get it. Why would she go with him after he almost had her raped?" Jonghyun joined. Finally beginning to absorb what the maknae had just revealed to them.

Taemin heaved an irritated sigh again. "How do you know she went with him huh?" He retorted, barely swinging his steps to the nearest couch. He lowered himself on his seat.

Slamming his head on his waiting palms, he was obviously worried sick. He still couldn't reach her phone. He still don't know where she is at the moment or if she's safe and still in one piece.

And this troubled him more and more each second, bringing him to the edge of losing his mind. Also, his hyungs' presence were just making it worse.

"Are you sure she didn't told you something? Anything?" He asked, eyebrows almost clashing together.

The two shook their heads. "All she said is that she had to do something REALLY important-" Jonghyun began but someone didn't let him finish.

"So I'm not that important to her? Is that it?" Taemin suddenly blurted in frustration.

Both looked at each other weirdly, gesturing to themselves how Taemin have completely lost his mind already.

"Calm down Taemin-ah." Jonghyun reassured him. "I'm sure she's not going to leave you again for years. Right?"

Taemin darts his eyes at the two who was trying to flash him with innocence. "What's wrong with you?" He says, a slight pressure in his words. He left the two bewildered and went upstairs to his bedroom, banging his door blatantly.

It's not making any sense to him. He sure did heard her whispering something to him last night. He was sure she didn't said she'd be gone forever, instead she said 'for awhile'.

That's what he was telling himself again and again. He just have to wait a little longer. A little more longer. And if she wouldn't ever show up, he thinks it's the right time to already give up.

***

In the place where Hannah was, she was comfortably laying on the cozy bed, staring at the white ceiling that reminded her the usual thing she'd always do in her first stay there.

The warm breeze of air was refreshing as it goes through the half-open window and into her morning soothed skin. She thinks that it still is the best place to stay 'cause it still gives her an essence of a real home.

It's been a long night for her. She wasn't able to have enough sleep after the incidents that occurred last night. But now, she was smiling, reading the text Jonghyun had sent her.

"He's all well. The doctor had removed his IV earlier. He could walk and snap back at us. Ah, really, we're the ones who were in pain right now."

She giggled. It was the complete opposite of what Taemin have sent to her. Telling her to come back already because he's been suffering from too much pain all over his body and that he couldn't walk or even chew food.

Though she didn't replied to any of his messages, or picked up to any of his calls, she was using all her rational reasons to kill the urges in making contact with him again, which she thought was already senseless and already not needed.