Chapter 22: Heartbeat

~~~Meanwhile in SHINee's waiting room, Taemin almost ran to the door. But he retreated and broke down to his knees instead. He didn't mean to say those words to her. But he knew it's the only way to make her leave. Because if she'd stay any longer, he knew he wouldn't be able to hold back anymore.

By the next minute, his hyungs were back. But they couldn't believe to find their maknae with swelling eyes. True that he looks weak with his smooth features, but if SHINee would be tested emotionally, he would be the last to show his precious tears. The members knew how he hates crying, and he never was a cry-baby. And so, seeing him messed up like this, they knew everything was crashing down on him, in the worst way.~~~

[TAEMIN]

"Hyung...please..." I tug at Onew's arm, when everyone was avoiding my gaze.

I had been begging them to let me go with this, for the last time. I need to talk to her. I don't know how would I tell her everything. How would I begin with, or how could I make her listen to me in the first place. But for the sake of the last chance I could have, I was determined to break the chains that was hindering me from explaining myself to her.

"Taemin, I know this is hard for you. But don't you think you've already sacrificed a lot? And now you're planning on following her. What if you'd get caught in public, huh?" Key pointed out before he let out a sigh and turned away.

"Yeah, and you're probably getting back together, if you tell her the truth." The Dino added.

"And that wouldn't work out again. But, if it's really love-" Minho joined in, but didn't finished when our leader cut him off.

"I think we should let him though." Onew was nodding evenly when we all turned at him.

Somehow, my eyes brightened while watching my hyungs argue in a circle. I could feel that most of them was reconsidering my condition. And when they broke away to face me, I sighed in relief as all of them nodded in harmony.

"But you must let your bodyguard follow behind." The diva ensured.

My legs scampered swiftly through the ground. I should really had to sprint just to run into her. And I didn't care about my bodyguard who was probably having a hard time in catching up with me.

The skies were dark and it was starting to drizzle, when I reached the exit. Though I wasn't sure if she was still near the area, I continued to run under the rain. I'm glad I was wearing a jacket, that I was able to hide my face, but it won't keep me from soaking soon.

I tiptoed through the pool of water in the ground, as my eyes darted from one corner to another. My chest was pounding hard. What if she had already headed to the airport? What if I was too late? My eyebrows clenched as I momentarily stopped running to catch my breath.

I need to find her now. If not, I will never forgive myself for breaking the only girl who have become my everything.

So I tried to calm my breathing and relax my tired legs. I was exhausted from my earlier shows and practices, but I ignored the throbbing temples on my head, when my eyes caught of such a familiar silhouette by the distance. It was her. I couldn't be wrong. It was her.

My eyes didn't left her figure as I trailed closer to keep sight of her. She was gradually pacing down the sidewalk, while fully soaked from the rain that was now pouring harder each second. My dripping hair was reaching down to my eyes, and I could barely see through the heavy shower of water.

So I fastened my steps while fishing into my pocket to pull out my rosary bracelet. I held it in my hand and smiled. I'll be missing this thing for sure. But I know it would always belong to Hannah. Cause she's everything to me, and I would never break my promise. I will keep on coming back to her.

I watched as she made a turn to cross the highway. But I knew something's not right when she didn't even waited for the red light. And instead of checking the opposite ways for possible cars ahead, she crossed the street mindlessly, while staring at nothing but the ground.

"Jagi!"

I yelled in my freezing hands, but the rain had muffled the sound that came through it. So, I forced myself to run, while keeping my balance against the slippery ground. I was about to step on the crossing lane now, and she was walking past in the middle.

"Jagi!" I cried aloud.

I watched her stop in her tracks and turn at me in surprise. The swelling in her eyes were still visible. And though I wish to stare at her face just a little more, by that moment, I suddenly found myself in drastic panic, as I noticed a big truck speeding on its way to where Hannah was standing.

I didn't hesitate anymore as I ran to her and pushed her away with all force, that was left in my faint body. From the corner of my eyes, I knew I had spared her from danger. But the terrible thing was, I didn't had much time to save my self anymore.

[Hannah]

I shrieked in horror. No this isn't happening. No. I'll wake up any second now. I squeezed my eyes shut and covered my ears with my palms. I couldn't believe it when I turned back to where he was lying. Blood, spurting out of his forehead, making a pool of red on the ground.

I was losing my mind. I just want to run away from here, but my tears started rolling down again, when I found myself running towards his resting body.

I broke down to my knees. The truck's headlight was beaming on our drenched bodies, making his fresh wounds more evident and horrid in my memory.

"Taemin!! Oppaaaa~! Wake up! Please!" I screamed my cries.

I was shaking his arm hard, when his eyes slowly fluttered half-open. He found me and a weak smile tug at his pale lips. I began chattering, telling him that I'll be right back to get help, but I felt his frail fingers curl around my hand. Before I could look at it, he already rolled a familiar band into my wrist--the rosary bracelet.

Suddenly, there was noise all over the place. I could feel that we're now in the middle of a bawling crowd. But I didn't turned to anyone but him. It's as if time was slowed down when I looked at him, as his eyelids calmly sealed his tearful eyes.

I cried louder than before. I roared although my throat felt like burning. I screamed with all my voice, until I couldn't hear anything but the faint beating of my heart.

***