Reality Check

After training for another hour with the boy you chose, you were about ready to die. Phil gave you his blessings, but made sure to stress the fact that you're nowhere near ready to be called a "hero". You shuffled to the ship behind everyone else, your feet practically dragging in the sand. After dropping Genesis and Cloud off at Headquarters so that they could go off on their own mission, Noctis joined you, Zack, Noctis, Roxas, Sora, and Riku as you took off on your very first mission. Your stomach was full of butterflies as you neared the unknown world.

"Hey, there it is," Roxas comments, pointing out of the window.

You follow where his finger is pointing, your eyes widening as you spot a rather large building floating in the middle of space. The architecture seems to be of Chinese design.

"This place is called 'The Land of Dragons'," Sora notes, glancing at the screen in front of him on the dashboard.

"Dragons?!" you exclaim.

"I'm sure there aren't really dragons there, [Name]," Riku assures you, glancing back to give you a smile.

You grit your teeth and clutch the armrests as Sora starts to lower the ship into the world's atmosphere. You clench your eyes shut as the ship starts to shake violently when it gets closer to the ground. You open one of your eyes as you feel someone gently take your hand in theirs. Your cheeks flush when you see Zack is now sitting next to you, smirking.

"What are you doing?" you whisper.

"Distracting you. Just shut your eyes," he suggests.

You give him a smile before nodding, shutting your eyes as you grip his hand even tighter. You're slowly starting to realize that flying is definitely not your thing.

[♥]

After landing the ship in a deserted field, the six of you walk towards a trail of smoke you can see rising in the air. You frown when you realize you've reached a dead end.

"Huh... What's that?" Roxas asks, pointing to a huge boulder that's surrounded by trees, bushes, and rocks.

Standing by a the boulder is a young soldier, watching what appears to be the projection of a huge beast coming towards him.

"We need to help him!" Sora exclaims, summoning his Keyblade.

"Guys...?" you mutter.

"On the count of three!" Riku states.

"One..." Zack starts.

"Uh, I don't think-"

"[Name], get your sword!" Roxas orders, interrupting you.