Reno Sinclair

A/N: I'm considering writing a sequel to this series... if anyone has any interest in this, shoot me a message or drop a comment :3 the plot is in my head, but I don't want to do all that work if there's no interest! I hope everyone enjoyed this book because I had a hell of a lot of fun writing it!!

-------------------------------------

"I'm much more me when I'm with you"

A hard gulp is stuck in your throat as you make your way down the dark hallway, each step feeling heavier than the last. Fighting Vanitas had been the hardest thing you've ever done... until now. How would you face him? What would you say? Between kissing Vanitas (and a few others), avoiding him for a week, ignoring his injuries...

"Ugh, I'm terrible," you groan, holding your head back as you come to a stop in the middle of the hall.

Your hands rest on your hips, careful to stay away from your injury. This was all too much. You don't deserve any form of closure, of happiness –

"[Name]?"

Your gaze snaps up at the familiar voice. Slowly, you glance over your shoulder and your eyes land on a mess of red hair.

"Reno," you greet softly, turning around to face him.

He only smiles in response as he walks towards you with determination. His arms slide around your waist, pulling you against him as his lips crash down on yours.

"I... missed... you," you mumbles inbetween quick pecks, causing you to pull back with a soft laugh.

"I can tell," you comment with a grin, resting a hand on the side of his face. "I'm sorry for being such a brat the past week."

"Eh, it's fine. Nothing new," he teases, chuckling as you playfully smack his chest. "I figured giving you your space was best. There's no need to apologize."

A hand runs through your hair, his fingers playing with a few stray strands. Your heart wrenches with discomfort.

"Yeah but... I just abandoned you. You're okay with that?"

He shrugs nonchalantly.

"I knew you'd come back. And if you didn't... well, I'd just follow you until the end of the worlds I guess," he replies.

You start to laugh until you realize he's completely serious. Sobering up, you nod and wrap your arms around his neck.

"That's why I love you," you tell him, feeling a few tears well up in your eyes at the utterly devoted look he's giving you.

His grin only widens as he leans down, nuzzling his nose against yours.