A Warning

"WHAT?!" Xemnas' voice booms out through the empty halls of The Castle That Never Was.

"Calm down, Sir," Vexen hisses, earning a glare from the amber-eyed Nobody.

"Don't tell me what to do, IV," Xemnas snaps, leaning forward in his white throne. "I am allowed to be angry that three of my best men have been killed, and two have run off with that... tramp and her gang of misfits."

"The SOLDIERs aren't 'misfits'," Saix corrects, immediately regretting the statement as Xemnas slowly turns to him with a furious scowl. "I think we have underestimated them," he quickly clarifies.

"And I think I have overestimated you idiots!" Xemnas shouts angrily, almost growling as his eyes dart towards a figure cloaked in black leaning against the wall. "And what do you have to say for yourself? You let her get away in the first place."

Vanitas scoffs, staring up at ceiling.

"I'm not much good against fire, Sir. I have the damn burn to prove it."

He holds up his arm, showing off a huge scar on his forearm thanks to a certain redheaded Nobody.

"Some all-powerful replica," Xemnas mutters bitterly, his attention now turned to Vexen. "What are our options?"

"Well," Vexen begins, clasping his hands together in front of him as he steps towards Xemnas. "I think it's clear that we don't stand a chance with that infernal girl around. They'll do anything to protect her."

"Pathetic," Saix speaks up with a sigh.

"Very. You should have seen VIII drooling all over her," Vexen taunts, and they all shudder a bit at the thought. "Anyway, I digress. We do have one option."

The room turns silent, and Xemnas leans forward a little in anticipation.

"Well? What's our option?" he presses.

"Give me another chance," Vanitas replies, sauntering forward. "I'll kill the little bitch. And anyone else who gets in my way."

Xemnas stares at the male, pondering his offer. Finally he nods, shooing him away with his hand.

"Consider this your last chance, Vanitas. Do not fail me."

"I won't. You can count on me, Sir."

>> MEANWHILE >>

"Alright, I hope that lil' flamer's ready for what's coming," Zack states, cracking his neck as he leads the way off of the Gummi Ship.

"You guys weren't serious, were you?" you ask nervously, trailing behind them.