Axel

"I would give it up for you, I'd do anything for you"

[♥]

Your footsteps are heavy as you walk down the hallway, your legs shaking with fear. What would be waiting at the end of the hall? Could a Nobody provide you with the life full of love you had always pictured yourself as having? You come to a stop in front of a wide wood door, gulping quietly as you clench and unclench your clammy palms. Slowly, hesitantly, you reach out and knock on the door as loudly as you can muster.

"What?" an unusually gruff voice calls out, much to your disappointment. That voice symbolized nothing but betrayal, and you couldn't blame him.

You can't speak, your words caught in your throat. Thankfully, the door slams open, ending your humiliation as you stand in paralyzed silence. Your eyes immediately land on a mess of wild red hair and a smile slowly grows on your tired face.

"Axel," you sigh in relief, tears welling in your eyes as you fall forwards, your legs giving out. You land right in the middle of a very warm chest before two arms wrap around you, holding you close to the body you had missed so much. "I'm sorry for disappearing."

You can hear him chuckle lightly in your ear, his breath grazing your skin and leaving goosebumps in its wake. A hand on the side of your cheek forces you to pull your head from his chest, and your eyes lock with those emerald pools you had dreamed of every day and night since you were bed-ridden with injuries. The emotion in them is evident, all of the memories the two of you had shared on this long and strenuous journey.

"I missed you," is all he says before his lips capture yours in a kiss so full of passion you almost faint. Managing to compose yourself your lips move against his as your hands fly up into his hair, gently gripping his soft locks. "I missed you so much," he mumbles against your lips, another soft chuckle causing your heart to race.

"So did I, Axe," you agree, nuzzling your cheek against his.

"Why were you gone for so long? Why did you refuse to see me?" he asks, the hurt evident in his voice.

It only serves to further break your heart.

"Because I was selfish," you reply honestly with a bitter laugh. "I couldn't face you, not after everything that happened."

"Vanitas?" he guesses, and you slowly nod. "Don't be an idiot. I would never blame you for trying to save your life."

Your heart swells and you can't stop the tears from welling in your eyes once again. You were so stupid, so stupid for denying this man while you tormented yourself in your bed, alone and miserable. All you ever needed was now standing here before you.

"I love you," you whisper, reaching a hand out to run a finger down his cheek. His skin is so soft, almost like silk.

He smiles, a real, genuine smile, before pulling you into his arms once again and resting his chin on the top of your head.