Genesis

"In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you"

[♥]

Your feet feel as if they are encased in cement as you stumble down the hallway, heart racing and eyes wide. After so much time lying in bed thinking of nothing but him, now that it's finally time to see him... you're terrified. His bedroom door looks equally like an oasis and like a forbidden treasure – something just out of reach, beyond your grasp.

But, you realize with a small smile, this is real. Your fingers trail down the perfectly polished dark wooden door, knowing what's waiting just past it.Your future. Without a thought, you grab the doorknob and yank it open.

"Hey... oh."

You trail off rather lamely, a frown gracing your features. Genesis' room is empty, with no trace of his presence. All that's left is the furniture and a rather large bag perched atop his perfectly made bed.

"[Name]?"

You jump in surprise as you turn around as quickly as your injured hip will allow. A relieved sigh escapes your lips as your eyes land on the tall auburn-haired male standing in the doorway. His blue eyes are wide in a mixture of shock and delight.

"Hey," you greet with a smile, feeling like you're going to throw up as he walks towards you. "Genesis, I –"

You're forced to trail off as he cups your face in his hands, crashing his lips to yours in a surprisingly passionate kiss. Your hands desperately clutch as his jacket as he pulls you impossibly close, as if he's afraid that if he lets go you'll disappear.

"Hi," he mumbles against your lips, causing you to laugh lightly as you pull back slightly to study to him. Somehow, he had grown even more handsome since the last time you saw him. "This isn't a dream, is it? You're really here?"

"As far as I know," you reply with a sly smirk, causing him to grin in return. "I'm sorry I've been MIA this week."

He subtly shakes his head as he starts to play with the ends of your hair, twirling a strand between his fingers.

"Don't apologize. You had some traumatic injuries."

"Yeah, but..." You stop talking, glancing out the window as a small bird flies past. "That's not an excuse to shut you out."

"All that matters is that you're here, now. You picked a good day to emerge from your cave."

You turn your attention back to him, tilting your head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" you ask.

"I'm leaving today," he explains.

Your eyes widen, subconsciously pulling him closer by the collar of his jacket.