Leon

"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you"

[♥]

It's with a heavy heart that you hurry down the hallway. What if Leon had left already? As a SOLDIER, especially First Class, he surely doesn't have enough spare time to be spent waiting around Headquarters for you to grow up and face him, does he? Just as all negative and upsetting possibilities start to float through your mind, a strong hand suddenly wraps around your forearm and tugs you inside of a room. The door slams shut behind you, and you find yourself staring up into a pair of deep blue eyes.

"And just where do you think you're going?" Leon asks gruffly, his hand trailing up your arm until it lands on your shoulder.

You immediately smile, flinging your arms around the taller male as you embrace him in a hug. You can hear him chuckle as he returns the soft cuddle, his arms wrapping around your neck. A deep intake of breath tells you that he's smelling your damp hair, the scent of your shampoo still strong.

"I missed that smell," he murmurs, pressing his lips against the top of your head. "I missed you."

"I know," you reply softly, your heart aching with regret. "I'm sorry. I've been so weak, it's so embarrassing..."

You can feel him grin as he pulls back, and you do the same. He looks genuinely happy as he watches you carefully.

"It's fine. I understand," he assures you, resting his forehead against yours so that your eyes are almost level. "I'm glad to see you've turned around."

"I have. It took me awhile, but I'm finally okay. I think."

He continues to smile, a hand resting on the side of your face as he tilts your head up.

"Good, because I don't know how much longer I would have waited patiently."

You know he's teasing, but his words have a ring of truth to it. You had been so unbelievably selfish.

"Well, good thing you don't have to wait anymore, huh?" you muse with a wry smirk.

He releases a laugh, stroking your cheek for a second before his eyes dart down to your lips.

"Very."

The word is barely out of his mouth as you lean forward, pressing your lips against his in a hesitant kiss, as if you're terrified of rejection. You can feel him smirk against your lips before his hand shifts so that his fingers are embedded in your hair, tilting his head as he deepens the kiss. Your hands trail up his toned back, holding him hopelessly close to you. The kiss breaks much to your disappointment, though the deep breath of air is much needed.

"Well worth the wait," he decides, leaning down to peck your cheek.