Vanitas

"Sorry, but she'll be coming with me."

He reaches a hand out and places it on your shoulder, and a whoosh of air hits your body as you're catapulted into darkness. You feel as if you're about to implode due to the incredible amount of pressure surrounding you, until you finally stop moving and appear on top of what appears to be a gigantic cliff. You're in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but caverns and canyons surrounding you.

"What the... Where the hell am I?!" you exclaim, glancing around anxiously.

"Don't worry yourself with such trivial matters."

You snap around, eyes focusing on the man in black standing behind you. You turn your body around to fully face him, your heart racing.

"Who are you?" you ask nervously, almost in a whisper.

He tilts his head slightly as if studying you as he takes a step forward.

"And what makes you think you deserve to know my name?" he inquires.

You open your mouth slightly, at a total loss for words. You can hear him laugh quietly to himself as he continues to make his way towards you.

"I'm Vanitas. Have you heard of me?"

He reaches a hand out and places his pointer finger under your chin, tilting your face up so you're looking right at him as he stands in front of you. You move your head out of his grasp, clenching your fists angrily.

"Don't touch me," you mutter, glancing down at the ground.

"Not too friendly, are you? Hm. Then why are those SOLIDERs so enamored, ready to die for you?"

Your eyes snap up towards him, wondering how he knew you were involved with SOLDIER.

"They're not," you finally argue.

"You're naive as well? I guess that makes sense, from what I've been told about you."

"What have you been told?" you ask, curiosity getting the best of you.

"That you're apparently special... Different. I don't see it, though."

You glare at him as you try to take a step back, but he quickly reaches down and roughly grabs your arm to keep you in place.

"Why do you know who I am?" you press.

"You really haven't heard of me? I'm surprised... Just think of me as a creature born from the darkness and the hatred in people's hearts."

"So... You're not a Nobody?" you ask slowly.

He shakes his head in a silent 'no', but doesn't reply.