Secrets, Secrets

"... So, you'll be in the room inbetween mine and Yuffie's!" you finish, concluding your tour of the house for Xion.

"This place is amazing," she muses with a smile.

"Glad you like it. Truthfully, I've barely been here myself ever since I first came here. They keep us pretty busy," you tell her as the two of you enter her bedroom, which looks exactly like yours.

"I'm more than okay with staying busy," she says as she flops down on her bed.

You join her, resting beside her.

"Why do you say that?" you ask.

She glances at you before she starts fiddling with her fingers. Her gaze falls, and she bites on her lower lip.

"Hey, you can't hide stuff here! Trust me, it's a lot easier than holding in secrets," you point out.

She sighs and rolls her eyes.

"I know... It's just, I haven't told anyone yet. Hell, I haven't even really talked to anyone besides you afterwards!"

"After what, Xi?"

"... When I appeared in Neverland, it's because my world disappeared, along with my parents, my brother... my entire family. I'm all alone now..."

She trails off and wipes a lone tear from her eye as you pull her into a hug.

"Don't worry, we'll find the people responsible for this. They won't have died in vain," you tell her as she lets out a sob.

"Hey, [Name], we just wanted to – whoa."

You roll over in the bed to see Zack and Cloud standing in the hallway to Xion's room, their eyes wide.

"Are we... interrupting something?" Zack asks with a smirk.

"Zack, shut up," Cloud mutters, shaking his head. "Listen [Name], we have to go somewhere-"

"Where?" you ask hastily before he can finish his sentence.

"It's a secret. Leon's in charge though, so don't give him too much trouble," Zack tells you, giving you a wave before he continues down the hallway.

"Bye," Cloud adds, smiling slightly before he follows his superior.

You give them both waves and grin before turning around, coming face-to-face with a smirking Xion.

"What?!" you ask her.

She lets out a laugh before sitting up straight.