We're All Mad Here

"A... Strawberry? We're going to a world shaped like a strawberry?" you ask as you glance out the window of the ship.

Zack and Noctis smirk as Yuffie lets out a giggle.

"It's called Wonderland," Sora corrects, glancing back at you from his seated position in the cockpit of the Gummi Ship.

"For the love of God, keep your eyes forward!!" Roxas calls out as everyone facepalms.

"For the chosen one, he's not the brightest," you can hear Zack whisper to Noctis before they both snicker quietly.

"Okay, is it 'make fun of Sora' week or something?!" Sora complains angrily.

"Sorry, you're just such an easy target, Mr. Optimistic," Noctis says.

Sora continues to grumble to himself as he slowly lands the ship in the world and you stifle a laugh. The poor guy really didn't want to come along on this mission, but Zack insisted that he couldn't be left alone for the time being. He told Roxas the same thing, but naturally the blond didn't put up a fight. You and he hadn't talked since that one night in the hallway outside of your room, and his words still echoed in your mind whenever you looked at him.

Long story short, the mission was going to be awkward for multiple reasons.

>> Fast-Forward >>

"Why are we here again?" Sora asks as you, he, Roxas, Noctis, Zack, and Yuffie make your way down a long, red hallway.

You all finally come to a stop outside of a door at the end of the hall.

"Apparently, there's been some odd stuff going on here. It's probably just Heartless, but why not check it out?" Zack counters as he opens the door.

After he opens the first door, five more quickly open one after the other until you're all facing a small doorway.

"Are you gonna be able to fit through that?" Yuffie asks Zack and Noctis with a smirk before she walks through, only having to duck down a little bit.

"It's not our fault we aren't midgets," Noctis points out as you follow Yuffie.

"That's offensive," Roxas complains as he and then Sora follow you.

"I was talking to Yuffie and [Name]," Noctis clarifies.

"You guys are awful touchy lately," Zack adds as he and Noctis squeeze through the small doorway. "Is there anything we need to talk about?"

Sora sighs as he glances back at him.

"No. I just... don't like the idea of having to be protected by you guys, I guess," he explains.