Zack Fair

"Love is a game that two can play, and both can win"

[♥]

By the time you reach a certain door towards the end of the hallway, your heart is all but pounding out of your chest. There were so many potential opportunities waiting on the other side of that door, it was too much to handle. As a SOLDIER First Class, Zack doesn't exactly lead a normal life. Relationships aren't forbidden, but they aren't necessarily encouraged either. If you were to put yourself out there... what would happen? Would he reject you for his career?

As quietly as possible you turn the door handle and open the wooden door. You're greeted by nothing but darkness as you slip inside of the room, but soft snores tell you he's inside. With an amused smile you close the door behind you and stand still for a few moments, allowing your eyes to adjust to the lack of light. Finally, you can make out the outline of a body tightly wrapped in a sea of plush blankets, tufts of dark hair sticking out from the covers. Zack must be a deep sleeper because he continues to snore as you tip-toe to his side.

In the blink of an eye, your shoes are kicked off, his covers are pulled back, and you've slid down beside him. Your hand brushes against his bare chest as you pull the covers up over your body, and your eyes widen at the unexpected (but welcomed) sensation. Zack releases a soft groan before shifting positions, one of his arms falling over you. Subconsciously, he pulls your back against his chest, nuzzling the back of your head before light snores can once again be heard. Unable to bring yourself to pull away, you instead press your face against the spare pillow and close your eyes to grab some sleep.

You can talk later.

[♥]

You fell asleep insanely fast, feeling truly safe for the first time in a week. There was something about the rhythmic breathing in your ear that was almost hypnotic, lulling you into slumber's embrace. What felt like years later you can feel the cloud lifting as your eyes flutter open. The first thing you notice is the soft light filtering into the room; it must be afternoon now. The second thing you notice is the strong arm wrapped around your waist, and the steady, heaving chest against your back. Another snore reaches your ear, and you're unable to hold back a small snort of amusement as you glance over your shoulder. Just how long can this guy sleep, anyway?!

Your movements must have awoken him, because the grip on your waist suddenly tightens as his snoring stops. You can see his eyes start to slowly open, and you quickly turn back around so you're facing away from him, praying he didn't catch you staring. He must not have, because he doesn't say anything. You can feel his body shift before his lips hover over your neck, the arm around your waist managing to tighten its grip even more.

"[Name]," Zack murmurs sleepily, his lips brushing against your exposed skin. "Please tell me this isn't a dream."

You laugh lightly, still not looking back at him as he places a light kiss on your neck, fighting back a shudder as his warm breath hits your skin.

"Why would you ask that?"

"This isn't the first time I've dreamt you're in my bed, y'know," he teases, and you can already tell he's smirking