Fake It

Just as you sat down on the Gummi ship, preparing yourself for a long and boring journey, a loud knock at the door of the ship catches your attention. You, Kairi, Leon, Cloud, and Roxas all exchange glances and shrug nonchalantly before you stand to your feet and walk towards the cabin door. You open the door, eyes widening when you spot Yuffie, Noctis, Zack, Sora, Riku, Reno, and Xion all standing there, wide grins on their faces.

"What's going on?" you ask warily.

"Genesis just called to tell us about a Tournament being held at the Coliseum!" Yuffie replies, brushing past you as she enters the ship.

"Wha- a Tournament?!" Cloud asks excitedly.

"Yeah! They haven't had one in forever," Reno complains as he takes the seat in front of you.

"What's a Tournament?" you ask, walking back towards your seat.

"They hold them at the Coliseum. They're really fun, we always compete. It's a good way to train, and see which one of us is the best fighter," Leon explains.

"I usually win," Zack adds, grinning over at you as everyone else rolls their eyes.

"Only because your ego is as big as your sword," Noctis retorts, earning a glare from the 1st class SOLDIER.

"One day – just one day without you guys competing. That's all I ask for!" Yuffie complains, throwing her hands up in the air as she sits in the empty seat next to you.

The ship turns dead quiet as all of the guys sheepishly glance at Yuffie before Noctis and Zack mutter 'sorry' under their breaths. Yuffie smiles confidently as she rests her head against the back of her seat and closes her eyes. You sigh and do the same, quickly falling asleep as you listen to Sora and Roxas fighting over who's going to drive.

>>  >>

"YAY, THERE IT IS!"

You snap awake as Yuffie starts to shake your arm excitedly.

"Y-Yeah, awesome," you agree, rubbing your eyes as you yawn quietly.

You glance out the window next to you, smiling slightly when you see that the Coliseum is quickly approaching. It seems that the more time you spend on the Gummi ship, the shorter the journeys seem to feel.

"I can't wait!" Xion says as Sora starts to descend the ship into the atmosphere of Olympus.

Apparently he had won the fight between he and Roxas to drive...

You wish that you could get as excited as everyone else was for this tournament, but something was keeping you uneasy... You brushed it off as nerves, however, as the ship settled on the ground and the door to the ship opened up.