The More, The Merrier

You clench your eyes shut as you travel through the darkness, Roxas' hand grasping yours the only thing managing to keep you feeling grounded. Suddenly a bright light appears, and you and Roxas stumble out into the middle of a long, narrow, white hallway... the same one from your dream.

"I've been here before," you murmur as you step forward, Roxas beside you.

"You have?" he asks in disbelief.

"Well, not technically... This is where Zexion took me, in my dream," you clarify.

"Oh... Well then you probably know that Axel will be held right up here," Roxas says as he points ahead slightly.

"Yeah... What is this place, anyway?"

"We're in The World That Never Was. This is the Organization's stronghold... Where I used to live..."

You glance up at Roxas, giving him a small smile and his hand a gentle squeeze before you drag him behind you as you run forward, coming to a stop right in front of the cell you saw in your dreams. You break out into a grin as your eyes land on Axel, who's sitting with his ankles shackled and placed in a big tub of water.

"Axel!" you cry out happily.

His head snaps up, and his emerald eyes widen.

"R-Roxas? [Name]? What are you doing here?!" he asks in a hoarse voice.

"We're here to save you, of course!" you tell him as Roxas extends an arm and creates a portal.

"Stay here [Name], I'll be back soon," he mutters before he hurries through.

You do a double-take when you realize that Roxas is now walking out of one of the walls in the cell. He makes his way towards Axel, stopping in front of him as he pulls out Oathkeeper. He points his white Keyblade at Axel's ankles.

"Don't move," he warns before a bright light shoots from the end of the blade, towards the lock of Axel's shackles.

The shackles turn bright white before they disintegrate into nothingness. Axel jumps to his feet, quickly moving out of the tub of water.

"Ugh, my socks are all wet..." he complains.

Roxas rolls his eyes as he starts to walk towards the portal in the wall, his hands placed in his pockets.

"We'll get you new socks at Headquarters, just focus on getting out of here for now," he tells the redhead as the two of them walk into the portal.

You grin as they suddenly appear beside you and you throw yourself towards Axel.

"You're okay!" you exclaim happily as he slowly wraps his arms around you.