Noctis Lucis Caelum

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage"

[♥]

A frown sets on your lips as you glance around the empty bedroom before you. After a quick jog down the hallway you had barged into Noctis' room, ready to throw yourself into his arms and beg for forgiveness, only to be greeted with a messy bed and nothing but silence. A small cough is suddenly heard, and you look beyond his bedroom and at the small balcony connected to his room. There, sitting at a circular table, is the person you've been searching for. He seems to be engrossed in a book, one leg crossed over the other as he sits in a leaned-back position.

You automatically smile as you quietly walk towards him, careful not to make a sound. You didn't want to distract him from his reading. The glass door to the balcony is ajar, enough so that you're able to push it open without gaining his attention. After taking a deep breath you raise a hand and rap your knuckles once against the glass. He jumps slightly before glancing up from his book, eyes locking with yours.

"Hey," you greet.

It's a miracle you're able to get the word out, because your heart is racing so fast it feels like it's about to jump up into your throat. His focused face slowly relaxes into a smile as he gently places his book on the table in front of him. He doesn't say anything, however, merely continues to watch you as if he's afraid you're only a figment of his imagination. The skin around his left eye is still purple and bruised, and in the light of day you're able to see various cuts and scratches down his exposed lower arms and neck.

"I-I'm sorry it took me so long to talk to you. I've been such a coward," you mutter, clenching one of your hands into a fist as you rest a shoulder against the glass door.

"Why are you still standing there?"

Your heart starts to crumble into millions of pieces at his question, though after a few moments he raises his arms into the air. You bite back a grateful sob as you rush forward, throwing yourself into his lap as you fling your arms around him.

"I'm sorry," you mumble into his neck, burying your face into the warm skin.

His arms gently wrap around you, pulling you closer as you sit sideways on his lap, your legs dangling over the side of the chair. One of his hands runs down the back of your head, his fingers gently embedding themselves in your hair.

"Don't apologize," he chastises, kissing the top of your head. "I should be the one to tell you I'm sorry. I saw the darkness start to overtake you, but... I couldn't get there fast enough. Xigbar was too strong."

That's right; he had been there before Vanitas had transported you away.

"If I had been faster, you'd never have gotten so injured," he adds, his voice soft.

You pull back slightly, staring up at the now-scowling male. Did he really blame himself for this? And here you were, wallowing in your own self-pity when Noctis was just as affected.