Cloud Strife

"Come live in my heart and pay no rent"

[♥]

You can only frown as you glance around your surroundings. After a quick jog down the hallway and throwing open the door to a certain blond's bedroom, you were disappointed to find it empty. Everything is placed exactly where it had been, as if no one had touched it. Even the bathroom was impeccable, not a single towel out of place. It's almost as if Cloud had never been there.

Heaving a sigh, you sulk down the staircase, through the living room (Xion and Yuffie only watch you walk past with sad smiles), and past the double-doors leading outside. The sun is warm, almost blinding after so many days of being stuck inside of your dark room. After a few moments you lower the arm blocking your eyes, almost releasing a choked sob of relief at the sight of a blond sitting with his back against a tree. He's facing away from you, but you'd recognize that hair anywhere... Without a word you race forward, your feet hitting the ground with soft 'thumps'. Cloud raises his head upon hearing the noise, a small smile growing on his face when he spots you.

"[Name]-oomf," he interrupts himself with a grunt as you throw yourself at him, collapsing down into his arms. You bury your head into his neck as you sit halfway in his lap, halfway on the grass. "I see you're up."

"I-I thought you had left," you mutter, a tear falling from your eyes.

He rests a hand on the back of your head, pulling you back so that you're forced to look at him. He runs a thumb under your eye, wiping away the warm tears starting to fall.

"Don't cry," he murmurs softly, his voice so quiet you can barely hear it. "I'm here."

Your hands ball up into fists, gripping the material of his shirt as you sniffle slightly. You had never felt more stupid, crying pathetically while the poor guy (who seems to have a problem facing his own emotions, let alone yours) does his best to comfort you. But you couldn't help it; the emotions were just so overwhelming, and you're a prisoner in your own, disordered mind.

"I didn't want to cry," you finally laugh, shaking your head slightly as his hand slides down to your collarbone, one of his fingers trailing across your slightly-exposed skin. "I think I just missed you."

The frown on Cloud's face is erased, a smile instead growing on his attractive features. His light blue eyes are locked with yours, not looking away at all.

"I missed you, too."

His free arm wraps around your waist, holding you close against him as he continues to watch you, as if waiting for you to break down again. When you don't, he leans down and presses his lips against your forehead.

"I'm glad you're okay," he continues, his breath warming your skin as he pulls back slightly, looking down at you. "Ven wouldn't give me many updates on your condition. I thought you'd be bedridden for a lot longer than a week..."

"I think these wounds were more emotional than anything," you admit with a sigh, resting your cheek on his chest as he runs a hand through your hair. The steady beat of his heart rings softly through your ears, in some weird way telling you everything you've been waiting to hear this week. That you're not alone, that as long as Cloud is around... you'll be filled with love.