「017」

0 1 7

SECOND GRADE

══════↯══════

I stare at Haneul. He's smirking. What a jerk. I use my hands to fan myself. I need to calm down. I need to cool myself down and annihilate him. Maybe that's a harsh word to use. Destroy him? Break him? It doesn't matter, I will avenge Yoonbyul.

I will show no mercy. At the blink of an eye, I went to grade two, pulling on my chains again cause time is flowing fast. I grew up knowing what was right from wrong. And the way Haneul threw Yoonbyul onto the mat was wrong. I should teach him a lesson. He deserves it.

I've already noticed that Haneul has been bullying Yoonbyul for some time now. I wonder why? What's triggering him to? I know she's not as wealthy as the rest of these kids in this room, but why? I'm not that wealthy either. People are just treating me better because I'm an idol. I don't like that. It feels as if I'm abusing power or something. I set that thought aside and focus on what's happening next.

"Okay. After that round with Haneul and Yoonbyul, this concludes that the final round will be Haneul against Jungkook," announced Mr. Song. "Both of you boys please prepare for the final match."

I walk onto the mat and stare at Haneul who's in front of me. His cocky face is annoying me. I do a quick stretch. I steal a quick glance at Yoonbyul, she's too busy taking care of something. She must be in pain somewhere.

"You two may begin wrestling!" yelled Mr. Song.

I hold onto Haneul's belt while he holds onto mine. I have to be honest, he has the same strength as me.

"Don't think I'm trying to get the bonus marks," scoffs Haneul, "I'm only doing this to humiliate you. I don't care about your status as an idol. Besides, you're just a rookie."

Hearing those words from him makes me want to vomit. At least I have a career. I'm an idol and he's just a boy waiting to inherit his family's business. He wouldn't be able to be successful on his own.

Saying that I'm a rookie and that it's okay, my hyungs always tell me that. It's always okay to be a rookie because it's the beginning of becoming successful. I even have juniors a year below me and I think I'm doing well now. Just going around the halls, I even get greeted by my juniors.

I always thought if I get first place, will I be a successful artist? If I get first place with my hyungs, will we all be successful? *sigh* I'm still a child, I kept running but I am only in my second year. Like Gulliver travelling between strangeness and reality. I'll just forget what Haneul said. I don't care about others, I'll just go with the flow.

"Shut up Haneul, I'm in my second year, the starting point of a new era. It's my second year in kpop."

"That means you're still a rookie. I bet you're a rookie at wrestling too. I can feel your weakness seeping out of you."

I laugh, "I guess you must be a rookie in life if that's what you think of me."

Haneul shuts up. A smile begins to curve on my lips. Haneul starts moving to try to trip me. Fortunately, I put up a good defence, so he can't trip me. I find the right moment to beat him. This will be for pride. I instantly lift of Haneul and flip him onto the mat. That flip was for Yoonbyul. Let's see how much you like it when being thrown down onto the mat.

Mr. Song announces my victory and gives me bonus marks. I look at Haneul, he's still laying down on the mat in shock. I smile once more. He looks pissed. Oh well, that doesn't concern me. What concerns me right now is how Yoonbyul is doing.

"Yoonbyul!" I shouted as I ran towards her.

Yoonbyul perks up. Oops, I startled her again. I take a seat next to her.

"You did really well Jungkook. I didn't think you were that strong," smiled Yoonbyul.

I suddenly feel embarrassed and shy from her sudden comment.

"Oh, it's nothing. I just work it out, work it out twenty-four hours."

Yoonbyul smiles, "Thanks for teaching me how to wrestle Jungkook. I wouldn't have passed this course without you. Wrestling may be over now, but I'm worried about what Mr. Song plans on teaching us for the next term. I know I shouldn't be feeling that way, but what to do? I'm getting worried."

"Put back your worries Yoonbyul. Hopefully we won't be facing another physical contact sport."

"You don't like physical contact?" asked Yoonbyul. She suddenly leans in closer to my face. I feel my face suddenly get red and my heart racing. "Ha ha, I was just teasing you."

I regain control of my heart and focused on what Mr. Song was about to say.

"Now that the wrestling unit is over. I will be announcing the new unit for the new term. The sport we will be doing is, archery!" yelled Mr. Song, "We'll start next class, so be prepared."

Yoonbyul starts moving with excitement.

"I didn't hear wrong, right Jungkook? Mr. Song said archery, right?"

"Yes, he said archery. You seem very excited, do you enjoy archery?" I ask as I cross my legs.

"I love archery. Archery is the only sport I can play well. Since I've been growing up with a weak heart, I've never found the right sport to take part in. Every single active sport always affected my body, but archery didn't require much movement which meant that I wouldn't have breathing problems or heart problems."

"Ah, I see."

"Do you like archery Jungkook?" Yoonbyul asked while waiting for my answer.

"I don't think I'm very good at it. I don't play often, so I don't know my true potential. I might be a bit more comfortable with the sport, but there's still so much to learn."

"Oh I know! I'll teach you archery in return for teaching me wrestling," exclaimed Yoonbyul.

"Sure, I would like that," I smile.

"Then it's settled, I will be teaching you archery," said Yoonbyul as she stuck out her pinky finger, "Let's promise each other, okay?"

"Okay,"  I stick out my pinky finger and interlock it with Yoonbyul's, "It's a promise."

We both stand up to go back to our dorm. I notice Yoonbyul limping. Haneul must've threw her right on her foot. I quickly run in front of Yoonbyul, stopping her in her tracks.

"What is it Jungkook?" asked Yoonbyul with bewilderment.

I gesture for her to get on my back, "I'm going to piggyback you back to the dorm."

Yoonbyul starts waving her hands with denial, "No, no, no, I'm fine, see-" A shot of pain ran in her foot.

I eventually manage to get Yoonbyul to get onto my back.

"I'm sorry if I'm heavy. I really should exercise and diet," pouted Yoonbyul.

"No you don't, you look so healthy." I carry Yoonbyul. She's so light. Almost as light as a feather. Also, as I've said before, lighter than Jimin hyung. "See, you're not heavy at all. I could practically run while you're on my back."

She laughs, "Thanks for the slight compliment."

"No problem. I will always support you Yoonbyul."

"I will always support you too Jungkook." 

Somehow, Yoonbyul manages to make my heart race.