Prologue

PRE-READING NOTES: There is some slut-bashing, which I am at this time very ashamed of it. Do not read it if you do tolerate like slut-bashing. I apologize for this. I was beginning high school when I wrote this. Not that I'm saying my age excuses my previous behaviour, but I was very unaware of this at the time. For those who don't mind slut-bashing, you should mind! It's an incredibly hurtful thing to do and is very misogynistic (look it up if you need to). We live in a patriarch society, and women should not be slut-bashing each other just because of promiscuity. Here's some food for thought: When men do it, how come they're seen as amazing and desirable and are given a kind of 'award' and respect from everyone else around them, but when women are promiscuous, they only get hatred from other people? What someone does in the bedroom is no one's business but them and their partner, and no one should be put down for that.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE, there are mentions of transphobia, but the story itself does not deal with trans characters. A transphobic slur is uttered towards a cis character, and is left unresolved except for the purposes of using it as a slur. At the time of writing this, I note that it's HUGELY problematic amongst the other things that occur in this work of fiction. Please be aware and if you read this, go into reading this work with an analytical mind and allow yourself to see the problematic aspects that go unaddressed and unquestioned and be able to criticize it. This work of fiction also depicts non consensual sex/rape, and while I have tried not to romanticize it, it may come off romanticized. Please be cautious while reading this.

      A girl with black hair sits in her room, scribbling furiously in a notebook. The blue pen leaks ink all over the paper.

     Tears pour down her cheeks. Her clothes are dirty and ragged. Posters around her room are ripped and torn up. The white walls are scribbled with permanent black ink. Not just any scribbles. Things that say: Hatred and the way the world ends had found their way to those once pure white walls.

     Innocence is gone—one of the quotes that are scribbled into the wall in messy handwriting. There are black smears all over the wall as if someone's hand had accidentally smeared the words before they had time to dry.

     Hatred and jealousy reigns—another one of the quotes.

     Why her? Why her?

     Tears, tears, TEARS, we hear you. We speak.

     The deafening silence.

     Sweet low whispers, betraying intentions.

     Betraying intentions.

     BETRAYING INTENTIONS.

     'Do not swear by the moon, the inconstant moon.'

     'This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper.'

     'The angels have their wicked schemes.'

     Make me sleep and never wake, for that is much better than what lies in the world.

     The cruel world.

     Oblivion is much better.

     Do not regret. Do not cry.

     Fear and hurt is an emotion for the weak.

     Sorrow begets sorrow.

     Fear.

     His blue eyes gaze up at yours questioningly, not knowing the damage he has done.