Chapter Thirty-Nine: Over

February, 29th

     Hey, Leap Year!

     That's all I wanted to say... And...well...I don't want to admit it... But I think...that I'm being stalked.

     But why would anyone stalk me? I'm uninteresting. I'm nothing. Why wouldn't they go for Liane? That's right. Why would anyone stalk me... No... I think I should call the police...but I haven't gotten any real evidence. What if I'm just seeing things? The police will never trust me again. It's better if I just deal with things by myself.

March, 1st

     Alright. I swear, someone just tried to follow me home again. I swear it was the same person.

     I'm scared. I want to call the police...but I think that they won't believe me. I need to snap a picture of this person some time soon.

     Yeah, that's what I'll do... And then they'll get arrested for...stalking...and then it'll all be fine again. No, they're not stalking me. They must be following some other person... Right...

March, 3rd

     I told Aiden about all this stalking and he's acting a little odd about it. He seems really uncomfortable with all this talk about the...stalking. I bet he was probably followed at one time. I kind of feel bad for him.

     I've been looking all around for that...person in black... I haven't found them yet.

March, 5th

     I think that Andrew knows that something's wrong with me.

     He approached me at lunch today and for one second, I thought he needed help in his new art class. I honestly don't understand why he hates art. And he's a Pisces! Aren't Pisces boys into art? Andrew's completely left-brained, that's what I know.

     But he didn't need help in art today. “Are you alright?” he asked me. He looked slightly embarrassed to be asking a question like that. It felt odd to receive that question from him. Obviously I wasn't use to this from him. He put on a one-man show. Me, myself, and I. I never thought he really cared about anything other than his life. He thought the whole world revolved around him.

     “Y-yes,” I stuttered, feeling an odd beating in my chest. “Look, Andrew, what are you doing asking questions like this?”

     He shrugged. “You were acting really weird.” He gave me a look. “You're not like yourself. You're all quiet and fidgety.” He pointed to the camera I had in my hands. “And since when were you interested in photography?”

     I played on his weak spots here. “Oh this?” I asked, holding up the camera. “I've started not long ago. I'm really into photography, if you haven't noticed. You're not really the type to notice,” I lied.

     “Well...” Andrew said, “if you ever need any help, just come get me, okay? I still owe you one.”

     “You owe me one?” I asked, feeling bewildered. “Since when? And for what?”

     “Since ninth grade,” Andrew said absentmindedly. “The whole drug business. Remember what Desiree use to call me?”

     “The Psychotic Campbell, I remember,” I said, smiling.

     Andrew laughed. “Yeah, something like that,” he said. “Well I gotta go now. See you around.” He waved goodbye at me and left. I felt myself blush at his smile. I didn't know why. It was just so...weird. I've never been like this around Andrew before...until now.