Chapter Thirty-Seven: Stalker

Arianna being Avery—that whole thing has gotten me feeling so confused. I don't know exactly what I should think of Arianna now. She changed her name and moved schools just to forget Robert/Avery. And now he's appeared in her life again. If I were Arianna, I would hate myself because I'm the one who is friends with him.

     I had told Desiree and Arianna that I would be up in my room. I need to sort things out before I leave my room again. To help, I take out Winter's journal and continue from where I had left off.

January, 1st

     Funny thing—I was right. It was so boring at home. My mom didn't let me go out anymore. I guess I was kind of okay with that. But still...

     Anyway, not to sound like a crazy...uh ex-girlfriend, but Drew hasn't made any contact to me at all.

     Never mind. I won't talk about that at all. It makes me feel so...odd... Yeah, no more mentions of Drew.

     But yeah... Can't wait to get out of this house for post-secondary... I don't like to go against my parents (even though I'm almost eighteen!) because...well, I know they do what's best for me. But sometimes they just get really annoying...

     Anyways, Desiree, Andrew, and Arianna are off partying with a bunch of people because of the new year while I get to sit at home and write in this journal. Hooray for me. Sarcasm intended. Happy New Year to me. The only exciting thing this week was staying up yesterday until the countdown was over. I bet my friends were in that crowd somewhere...

January, 7th

     So I would be at art class today if it wasn't still Winter Break. Unfortunately, it still is Winter Break so... I wish I was at art class today instead.

     My parents had gone out today for work and I was in my room on the computer. Just...socializing. What else? But then...there was a loud knock on the door and I knew it wasn't my parents. I thought it was a mail man or something but even so, I didn't open the door.

     I looked outside my window and I saw someone I didn't even know. They were standing at my door...and something about that person just...put me off. I felt like it was That Thing all over again.

     Long story short: I freaked out and hid in the bathroom for hours. I was there until my parents came back. I didn't really know exactly what to tell them so I didn't tell them anyways. Drew would say I was overreacting...

     Enough about Drew! I mean, I should ask Aiden about this again. He'll know how to help me.

January, 9th

     I went back to school again today. Everyone was so excited to talk about their vacation. Of course, I didn't really have a vacation unless you called my boring week a vacation. With...the exception of That Thing.

     Anyways, I figured I should just ignored the second time of That Thing and only tell Aiden about it. Only Aiden takes me seriously. But he'll probably tell me to call the police... I doubt that the police would really take me seriously. I mean...what real evidence do I have? And what am I accusing that person of?

     Drew was in class today, surprising. I thought he would be, I don't know, hungover or something. Rude tone intended. Luckily, he didn't try to communicate with me in any way.

     I hope that he knows we're over.

January, 13th

     It's Friday... The only reason why I'm recording this day (I'm getting tired of recording every single boring day at school now) is because Drew had finally spoken to me.