+11

[Eunsol's POV]

"Hey Eunsol, will you be able to make it to Jungkook's birthday party?" One of Jungkook's friends, Hoseok, asked.

"Huh? When is Jungkook's birthday??"

"Two days from now."

I was backtracking in my head to see if Jungkook has ever mentioned that his birthday was coming up soon, but he had never brought it up. Birthdays are special, I thought he would have told me about it.

"It's also a surprise party, so I was wondering if you would like to help out and be the one to bring him to the party."

"Oh yeah sure! I love surprise parties too. This will be fun!"

------

"Hey do you know if Ms. Im is in her office?" I asked Namjoon who I've been trying to avoid, but found it really hard. He's literally everywhere I am when I'm not in school.

"I don't know, why?"

"Because I wanted to ask her if I could take a day off work."

Namjoon gave me a small smile and shrugged, "Well I am kind of your manager. I can give you the day off if you want."

"Oh really?" I clapped, "Thanks! Friday is actually Jungkook's birthday and I'm helping out with a surprise party.

Namjoon's smiled turned into a scowl and he even rolled his eyes. "That's the reason why you're taking off? Because of your boyfriend's birthday?"

"Well, yeah?" I answered innocently.

"I take it back. You can't have the day off." He said coldly while standing up to leave.

"Wait, Namjoon! You can't just take it back" I ran up to him and tugged on his arm. "Pleeeeaaaase?"

Namjoon was trying to keep a firm face, but I was hoping that my continuous pleading would break him. "No." He released my hand from his arm and tried leaving again.

Wait. What? My puppy dog eyes didn't work?? "But Namjoonie, it's very important to me. Jungkook is--"

"You see? This is why you shouldn't have a boyfriend. He's just distracting you from work." He grabbed both of my wrists and bent down so that he was closer to my face. "What's so great about him, anyway?"

As I felt him get closer to me, I pushed him away and rubbed my wrists. "Why are you only acting this way towards me? Why am I the only one who's not allowed to have a boyfriend?"

"Well--I--because--" Namjoon took a deep breath while rubbing the sides of his temples. "You should be thankful that I'm giving you more attention than the other girls ."

"I didn't ask you to give me attention though????"

At that moment, Ms. Im walked by and smiled at us, not knowing that there was some tension in the air. "Oh, are you two going to be practicing soon?"

"Um...what would we be practicing for?" I asked, afraid to know the answer.

"Just some training I want Namjoon to help you with. Recently you look uncomfortable again whenever you have to kiss one of the actors."

"No I don't. I'm perfectly fine." I defended quickly even though I knew she was right.

"Namjoon, just please help Eunsol again, I have a business meeting to go to so thanks."

We watched her walk out of the building and then both looked at each other again. How could she do this to me?

I sighed and waited for Namjoon to apologize for hurting my wrist, but he just grabbed it again and pulled me along with him. "Let's just go up to the office."