Chapter 18

Tommy's Point of View (DarkCreeper37)

The sun was setting outside. Tommy was inside the daycare with Nina and the children. He didn't know why he had gone in there. He just liked kids.

Seven year old Louis was sitting by the wall, bouncing a ball off of it and catching it. He was a baby Villager, with brown clothes and brown eyes. He seemed to be thinking about something.

It could be about his parents. No one knew what happened to them. They were either in Mojang Offices or dead.

Five year old Minecraftian Emily was sitting at one of the tables. She had short blonde hair, blue eyes, and wore a cute white dress with pink flowers on it. She was doing a puzzle.

Her parents were dead. They had died in the Battle of Mojang, when the Mojang Nether monsters attacked the Resistance army.

Emily didn't know they were dead. They had told her that her parents "went away on a trip". She didn't ask any questions. After all, she was five.

In fact, most of the kids here had dead parents. They had all either died before the Battle of Mojang, or during it. And there were eight kids in the daycare.

"Okay, kids, time for bed!" Nina called.

The kids started to clean up all their toys and games without complaint. Except for Emily, who continued doing her puzzle.

Tommy looked out the window. It was dark now. The people on the Zombie shift were out there now, fighting off monsters that came nearby.

Tommy thought he saw a shadow by one of the windows of the daycare, but then it disappeared. Either he had imagined it, or it was a monster.

After about a minute, everyone was finished cleaning up, except Emily, who was still doing the puzzle. Tommy smiled and walked over to her.

His jaw dropped as he looked at the puzzle. It was one of those 500 piece puzzles. The pieces created a picture of a forest fire.

Emily placed the last piece down.

She had started it five minutes ago.

Emily, the five year old. The five year old that just did a 500 piece puzzle in five minutes.

She looked up at Tommy and smiled. Tommy smiled back.

"Emily," Nina called, parent-like. "Come on!"

Emily immediately broke up the puzzle and put it back in the box. She looked at Tommy one more time, then walked over to Nina.

Tommy wondered how many times Emily had done something like that. She must be really smart, for a five year old. Her parents would be proud of her.

Since all the kids' parents were dead, they slept in the daycare. There was a separate room off to the side with four bunk beds. Nina also slept in there, in a bed off to the side.

The kids started to shuffle into the room in a single file line. They were all talking happily, like kids should. Except Louis, who still seemed lost in thought.