Chapter 55

Steve's Point of View

"Last time I saw you, you were escaping this place with all of my prisoners," Jeb said.

Steve still knelt before Jeb, who sat in a chair on the stage. Light stood a few blocks from Steve, and Sparklez stood behind him. A crowd had started to gather behind them.

Steve smiled. "No hard feelings though, right?"

Jeb smiled back. "No. Hard. Feelings." He paused. "It's not like I lost thousands of emeralds as those prisoners escaped."

Steve winced. Jeb was holding a grudge.

"Well. You just got two million emeralds, did you not?" Steve asked.

"I did," Jeb answered, glancing at Light, who was watching everything silently. "I could get a few thousand more if I killed you right now."

Sparklez poked Steve in the back with his iron sword, and the crowd stepped forward excitedly.

Steve decided to go with the desperation tactic.

"That money isn't gonna get you anything when Herobrine destroys the world," Steve said.

The crowd started to murmur. Jeb looked slightly surprised.

"Why would Herobrine destroy the world?" Jeb asked. "He lives on it, too."

"I don't know. He tried to do it before, didn't he?" Steve spat the last two words directly at Jeb. Jeb narrowed his eyes.

"Herobrine does not have the power to destroy the world. His doomsday device was destroyed in the Great War," Jeb worded carefully.

"Well, he made another one," Steve replied. "The Resistance barely managed to stop it. But I'm sure Herobrine can find other ways to destroy the world."

The crowd started to murmur even more, and people were starting to leave.

"Okay, well what do you expect me to do about it?" Jeb asked. "I'm just an old man who has never met Herobrine in my life."

Steve heard Sparklez scoff behind him.

"I know you know the ingredients to that potion," Steve seethed. "All you have to do is tell me them."

Jeb looked taken aback. He glanced around and took in all the suspicious glares.

"I...don't know what you're talking about," Jeb said.

"Please, Jeb," Steve said. "Do it for Notch."

"Don't you dare speak his name in here," Jeb growled. "I hate him with everything I have."

"Then do it for Lourd."

Jeb froze. Everyone else seemed to freeze as well.

After a long silence, Jeb spoke.

"Meet me in the back room in two minutes."

Steve let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. He stood up and turned around.

Sparklez was glaring at him. Steve nodded to him, then started to make his way into the crowd.

He turned to look at Light before leaving. She was staring at him, her eyes narrowed. She would probably go home and tell Herobrine what she just heard.

But that didn't matter. As long as they could figure out how to kill Herobrine, they would be okay.

Steve found a hallway with several doors in it. He walked down the hall, wondering which one was "the back room".