Chapter 30

Cyril's Point of View (CyrIs_)

The mutant Skeleton stood there, staring at them for a second.

Then, it leapt into the air, and shot several huge arrows from its crossbow at the Resistance

Cyril dove aside, noticing several others do the same. A large arrow struck the ground where she had been standing a moment ago.

The Resistance members drew their weapons as the Skeleton shot at them again, this time only shooting one arrow.

The arrow was heading for Steve, who was in the front. Steve slapped the arrow out of the air with his diamond sword.

The mutant was keeping its distance from the Resistance, probably because they had scary close ranged weapons. But, some of them had bows, like Cyril, Kat, and Fire Fall.

The three of them notched arrows and aimed. The mutant Skeleton leapt into the air again, shooting six more arrows. One went near Fire, who had to dive away, but Kat and Cyril were able to shoot their arrows.

Both arrows hit the mutant as it was coming down from its leap. It roared a raspy roar as it hit the ground, injured.

Steve and Hayden took this as their chance to attack. They rushed forward, Steve with his diamond sword and Hayden with his double bladed staff.

Hayden got there first and sliced at the Skeleton, harming it more. The mutant swung its crossbow at Hayden, but he ducked and rolled away.

Steve arrived and hacked at the Skeleton with his diamond sword. He hit it twice, but then the mutant turned around. It picked Steve up and threw him towards the other Resistance members. Drew and Brayden were closest, and moved to help him out.

Cyril aimed with her bow again, along with Kat and Fire. Hayden was still attacking the mutant, ducking and dodging its close ranged attacks, and swinging at it with his staff.

The three girls shot at the mutant. Cyril's missed, but Fire's flaming arrow and Kat's arrow struck the mutant in the skull.

The mutant roared and sprung into the air again. It shot its six arrows and would have landed on Hayden if he hadn't sprinted away.

Everyone dodged the arrows once again, although one came close to hitting Hero, who was sitting as far away as possible with Mimi because of her injured leg.

Jay and Kirai rushed forward to attack. Jay swung his diamond axe when he was close enough to the Skeleton, trying to chop off its arm. The axe struck the arm, but not hard enough to sever it.