Chapter 41

Nomis's Point of View

"I had a feeling it would be here," Nomis muttered.

She was standing in front of Mojang Offices. Again. But this time, she had Pete, Chick, and Grand with her.

"Isn't this where you got the Legend Compass?" Chick asked.

"Yep."

"Then why didn't you get the Crystal, too?" Grand asked.

"I was kinda in a hurry to leave," Nomis replied. "Besides, I didn't even know there was one here at the time."

"Whatever. Let's just find the Crystal," Pete said.

They started to walk towards the main entrance. It was very foggy out. The mist added a mysterious gloom to everything.  Suddenly, Nomis stopped.

"Wait. It's pointing this way," she said. She started to walk to the left, around the building.

"Is it outside?" Chick asked as they walked further away from the building.

"Looks like it," Nomis answered.

They walked towards the fence that separated the Sectors from the outside. The fog seemed to thicken even more. They could barely see ten blocks in front of them.

"Wait, Nomis," Chick said.

Nomis stopped and looked at Chick. "What?"

Chick was staring at Nomis, her eyes narrowed.

"What is it?" Nomis asked.

"Grand, come here," Chick said. Grand walked over to her. "Look at her face. Notice anything different?"

Grand looked at Nomis's face. "No?" Nomis was very confused. "Wait. Yeah."

"What are you guys talking about?" Nomis asked.

"Nomis, you look...older," Chick said carefully.

Oh no. The de-aging potions, Nomis thought. In her hurry to get the Legend Crystals, she hadn't taken any since two days ago, when she had first arrived back in Creektown.

"Well, everyone is getting older every day," Nomis replied, her voice quivering a little.

"No, you look a lot older. Like, five years older than you were a few days ago," Chick said.

"Chick is right. Are you okay?" Pete asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. It's probably just the mist," Nomis waved it off. She bent her head back over the Legend Compass so they couldn't see her face.

Nomis could sense Chick, Grand, and Pete giving each other suspicious looks. But, their mission was more important right now. They continued to walk.

As soon as they got back to Creektown, Nomis had to drink as many de-aging potions as she could. She was not turning into an old lady in the middle of a war.

The compass pointer turned around when they got to the fence separating the Sectors and the outside.

"Ugh. This is so confusing," Nomis muttered. She started to walk back towards Mojang Offices.