Chapter 61

Brayden's Point of View (SirWattOfPad)

"You done yet?" Brayden asked.

"Almost!" Techno shouted from underneath the Shark.

The two of them were still in Techno's backyard. The sun was setting, but that didn't stop Techno from working. Brayden was only really there for moral support, because Techno wanted to do everything himself. Brayden was fine with that.

The backyard was extremely cluttered with redstone machinery, prototypes, and tools. Even Techno had a hard time getting around everything.

Brayden picked up what looked like a sword made of TNT on one of Techno's tables. It immediately fell apart when he touched it. He winced and stepped away from it.

A banging sound was heard from under the Shark, and Techno slid out from under it. "That should do it. Wanna take her for a test run?"

"Sure," Brayden replied. He hopped onto the Shark and got behind the wheel. Techno followed.

He flipped a few switches and pressed a few buttons, and the Shark rose into the air.

"Looks like it's working!" Brayden exclaimed.

"Fly around the mountain," Techno said with no emotion in his voice.

Brayden flew the Shark forwards, and they circled around the mountain Creektown was on. He grinned as he felt the familiar sensation of the wind whipping through his hair.

"I added turbo boosters, by the way," Techno said. "But it only works if you hold down that button. If you let go, the Shark will stop abruptly. And if you don't stop before running into something, you'll blow up whatever you hit. This thing is basically a flying explosive."

"Awesome," Brayden replied. "Can I try it?"

"Sure," Techno said. "There's nothing big enough to kill us in our path."

Brayden held down the bright red button on the control panel. The Shark immediately shot forward at what seemed like light speed.

He let go of the button, and the Shark abruptly stopped in the air. Brayden gasped for breath. Techno had a small smile on his face.

"Well, it works," Brayden said.

"Of course it does," Techno replied.

"So...where are we?" Brayden asked.

Techno shrugged. "Couple hundred blocks from Creektown, probably."

The sun was disappearing past the horizon. It turned the sky a beautiful deep red color. Brayden stared at it in awe.

Techno snapped his fingers in front of Brayden's face. "Hey. Turn this thing around, I wanna go home."

"Don't you ever stop to enjoy something, Tech?" Brayden asked.

"I enjoy my redstone," Techno replied.

"What about sunsets? They're so beautiful, but they bring night time, the most dangerous part of the cycle," Brayden said. "Shows how even the most wonderful things can create terrible things."

"Yeah, whatever. Let's go home, I have things to do."

Brayden shook his head and smiled. He turned the Shark around and started flying it back to Creektown.

He noticed Techno staring at the sun as it disappeared beneath the horizon.

***

They returned to Creektown a few minutes later. The stars were starting to come out, and the redstone lamps that lit Creektown shone through the night sky.