Chapter 20

Grand's Point of View (The_Grand_Funadian)

It was morning. Grand had decided to visit Tommy in the infirmary to see how he was doing.

Hal had bandaged Tommy's leg. He had lost a lot of blood, and was unconscious at the moment. Alice sat next to Tommy's bed, wistfully watching him sleep.

"Alice," Grand said. Alice looked up. "Come on. Jean wants everyone in the Town Hall."

"You go ahead. I'm gonna stay here with Tommy," Alice replied, waving him away.

Grand knew he shouldn't let Alice stay in here with Tommy. It wasn't healthy to stare at someone who was unconscious.

Grand walked around the bed and gently took Alice's arm. She allowed herself to be led out of the infirmary.

Grand took her into the Town Hall, where everyone was meeting. Jean stood at the front, where Manga usually stood. Everyone who wasn't on the search team--which was Crystal, Tre, Claire, Blue, Secret, Pixel, Scullscan, Sharky, X, Pete, Audrey, Chick, Matster, Nina, Louis, Emily, the other kids, Grand, and Alice--was sitting in the audience. Jean's two assistants sat near her.

Grand and Alice sat down in the back. Alice kept glancing at the door, like she wanted to go back to Tommy.

"Alright, let's get started," Jean said into the microphone. "First off, does anyone know who set off the TNT by the daycare?"

NinjaX raised his hand. "The girl with the pink hair did. Light. I tried catching her, but she got away."

Jean nodded, a grave expression on her face. "I suspected it was her. Do not panic, anyone. The search time should be back sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. If they found something useful, they'll tell us."

There was some murmuring in the crowd. Jean continued to talk. "For now, just go about your normal lives. Train, practice, do whatever. Just don't worry about anything. Meeting adjourned."

The crowd started to disperse. Grand wasn't really sure why Jean had called a meeting, since it was so short. Alice stood up quickly and walked out the door before Grand could stop her. This time, he didn't go after her.

Scullscan and Sharky were walking by, discussing something about pistols. "Hey guys," Grand said. "Is our team doing anything today?"

Sharky shook his head. "Nah. Do whatever. Scullscan and I are gonna go mining."

Grand nodded. "Got it."

Sharky clapped Grand on the shoulder, and he and Scullscan left the Town Hall. Grand stood up, ready to leave as well.

Almost everyone had left the building. Jean stayed at the front, talking to her two assistants. Pete was also still in there, standing in the middle of the aisle. He was staring at Jean's turned back, his body tensed. One of his hands was on his iron sword in his sheath.

"Pete?" Grand called. "What are you doing?"

Pete relaxed his body and turned around. "What? Nothing." He briskly walked out of the Town Hall.

Grand narrowed his eyes.

***

Nomis's Point of View