Chapter 25

Nomis's Point of View

Mojang Offices was a very clean place. Inside, the walls were made of white stained clay, with glass looking in on people's offices and iron doors to get in every couple blocks.The floor was chiseled quartz.

No one was allowed in the building unless they had special permission from Jean or someone else important, like Jacob, her successor. They were also allowed in if they worked there.

Nomis didn't qualify for either of those requirements. But, she was invisible, so no one could see her.

Nomis walked through the hallway, avoiding contact with people.

Where would they keep the Legend Compass?

Nomis came to a four way intersection. All the hallways looked the same to her, so Nomis chose randomly. She went left.

Nothing changed in this hallway. More offices, more doors, more nothing.

She came to a three way intersection this time. The hallway to her left continued on. The one to her right stopped at a door farther down.

Nomis went right to see what the dead end was.

At some point as she was walking, she noticed her invisibility potion was about to run out. She drank another one.

At the dead end was another iron door, but there was no window this time. There wasn't anything marking that the room was special. How did people find their way around this place, anyway?

In a way, Nomis kind of admired it. No enemies breaking in trying to steal something important would know where to go, because there were no labels anywhere.

Like Nomis. She had no idea where she was going.

She was about to try opening the door when it opened from the inside. Nomis jumped back a bit and out of the way.

An important looking man walked out, followed by two guards in black leather armor. The man wore a pressed black tuxedo, with a white shirt underneath. He wore a light blue tie, black pants, and shiny black shoes. He had short, carefully cut black hair, and brown eyes.

Nomis recognized him as Jacob. He stopped a couple blocks from the door. The guards stopped behind him. Jacob was talking to someone on the phone.

"What do you mean, the Wither? In Creektown? Okay, well how does that help Sector 17? Hello? Jean?" Jacob lowered his phone in frustration. "She always does that to me." He continued walking, the guards following.

The Wither was in Creektown? Nomis hoped everyone was okay. She especially hoped Steve was okay.

Nomis hadn't seen any of them for a couple days now. She really should be getting back to them.

But first, she had to find the Legend Compass.

Nomis tried opening the iron door. It was locked. She sighed. Nomis glanced around quickly, then got out a pickaxe and mined the two blocks beside the door so she could get in.

Once she was inside, she placed the white stained clay blocks back, and put her pickaxe away. Hopefully no one had seen a pickaxe floating in midair and breaking two blocks magically.

Nomis turned to look at the office, and saw the confused face of a guard coming towards her. She almost panicked, but then remembered he couldn't see her. Nomis jumped out of the way as the guard tried to figure out what happened.