Chapter 79

Outside The Sectors

Jay's Point of View

Steve blocked Jay's swing with his diamond sword, but Jay didn't let that stop him.

He brought his axe around and tried to side-swing at Steve's head. Steve ducked, avoiding a beheading.

Jay was furious at Steve. His father killed Jay's father. That meant Steve was his real enemy.

That also meant Steve's father had been working with Notch. Did that mean Steve was secretly on Mojang's side the whole time?

It didn't matter. Jay was going to kill Steve.

Steve stood and backed up. Jay swung his axe angrily and followed him, but Steve just dodged it again and again as he backed away.

"Jay. I'm sorry that my dad killed your dad. But it wasn't me, okay? I would never do that to my best friend," Steve said as he dodged another swing.

"I don't care!" Jay shouted, still walking forwards and swinging his axe.

"Jay," Steve hit his back on the wall behind him. Jay loomed over him. "Listen to me."

"No." Jay swung his axe over his head as hard as he could.

A loud clanging sound was heard as Steve blocked the axe with his sword. The two weapons were stuck in place.

Steve opened his eyes. He had been flinching, and only raised his sword as an instinct. If the axe had hit his head, it probably would have killed him.

Jay made eye contact with Steve, their weapons still above their heads. Something changed in Steve's eyes.

With strength that Jay didn't know Steve had, Steve threw the two weapons across the lair. They clanged to the stone floor several blocks away. 

Jay turned his head to look at them, then felt a fist connect with his face.

He stumbled away from the wall. Jay looked up just as Steve jumped and kicked him in the diamond chestplate, forcing Jay back even more.

Steve charged at him, fists raised. Jay blocked Steve's next punch and struck him in the head. Steve didn't even seem to notice, because he tried to kick Jay in the stomach. Luckily, he had the diamond chestplate, so it didn't hurt.

Kirai was still out cold against the far wall. Jay hoped she was okay, but was too busy being furious with Steve to check on her.

Herobrine was also still in the lair. Jay glanced at him as he ducked under another of Steve's punches. Herobrine's eyes were closed, and the purple and black particles were floating around him again. Jay wondered what that meant, but didn't care.

He had to kill Steve.

Unfortunately, it looked like something inside Steve had snapped. Because he was starting to overpower Jay.

I will not let the son of my father's murderer win, Jay thought to himself, and pushed himself harder than ever before.

Jay punched Steve in the face twice, then kicked him to the ground. He tried kicking him again, but Steve grabbed his foot and threw him. Jay tumbled to the ground ten blocks away as Steve stood up.