Chapter 74

Sector 1

Jay's Point Of View

Kirai was still relentlessly attacking Jay with her diamond sword. Jay was still blocking every swing, but he was exhausted. He felt like he had been battling her for a month.

Giant Herobrine was still smashing Mojang Offices. He had gotten through at least half of it, from what Jay saw.

Steve had run inside after Louis, Nomis was nowhere in sight, and Zaryn was still M.I.A. Light was dead, which was good.

Jay wondered if Yuri and the other servants would show up. He hoped not.

He also wondered what the rest of the Resistance was doing. Surely they knew Jay and the others were missing? Or were they busy with something else?

Either way, he was on his own against his girlfriend right now.

Kirai's sword skidded up the handle of Jay's axe and got caught under the blade. Their weapons were stuck together, and they both tried to overpower the other to get them unstuck.

"Kirai..." Jay grunted. "You have to remember me."

"I don't have to do anything," Kirai snarled, and with a burst of strength, pushed hard on the handle of her sword. This sent both weapons flying across the grassy area they were in.

Jay was hopeful for a second, thinking Kirai just wanted to talk without weapons.

But then, she punched him in the face, and he stumbled backwards.

This reminded Jay of when he was battling Steve in the volcano. He realized he was Steve in this situation. The weaker of the two; the one who would end up losing if nobody interfered.

Jay prayed someone would interfere as Kirai repeatedly punched and kicked him. He didn't want to fight back. He couldn't.

He still loved her.

***

Steve's Point of View

Steve rolled out of the way as white-eyed Manga swung downwards with his fist.

He leapt to his feet and quickly took in his surroundings. He was in another hallway, exactly like the one he was just in while fighting the other dead people. Except this hallway didn't have a closing door at the end of it.

Steve turned around to see a fist flying past his face. He jumped back instinctively, but stepped forward again with a kick.

His foot connected with dead Manga's side. The man didn't make any noise, but he was visibly hurt.

Steve tried to run away, but Manga moved to block his path. He sighed and threw a punch at the man's face, but he brought up an arm to block it.

Manga then thrusted his arm and hit Steve in the face instead. He stumbled back and hit the large metal door behind him.

At the same time, he felt something crash into the door from the other side. The metal held, but Steve wasn't sure how much longer it would.