Chapter 50

Steve's Point of View

After defeating the iron golem, Steve wanted to go make sure everyone was okay. But, after taking one step, he collapsed.

Nomis took him to his house and set him down on his bed. Steve was awake, he was just too exhausted to move.

Nomis put a hand on Steve's forehead gently, and seemed to hesitate. Then, she left his house.

Steve instantly fell asleep.

***

Steve woke up, but he wasn't in his house anymore.

He was in a large, empty field that looked familiar somehow.

Steve started walking through the grass.

As he walked, he saw a pig, lying on its side. Steve couldn't see its face, but he knew who it was.

Porkchops.

It felt like a knife was jabbed into Steve's heart. He tried to walk over to the pig, but he couldn't stop walking forward. It was like some unknown force was moving him.

He passed by a Spider in the same position a few seconds later. It was Good Spider.

Another metaphorical knife stabbed his heart, and he would've doubled over in pain if it wasn't for the unknown force.

Steve passed Godhand, then Lee, then Todd, then Cupcake, then Dee, then Lourd. The stabbing pain shot through him with each body he passed.

He walked by Ruby lying on her side, and an even stronger pain went through his heart. Steve wasn't sure how much more he could take.

Steve then passed Fire Fall and Blue, who were both just as lifeless as the rest of the bodies. He internally flinched as he felt two more stabs.

Steve finally stopped walking, but he couldn't move at all now. Two people appeared in front of him.

One looked exactly like Steve, and the other was Nomis. The Steve lookalike held Nomis, and kissed her on the lips.

They kissed with their eyes closed for several seconds, entwined with each other. Steve wasn't sure how he felt about this. Did he have feelings for Nomis?

He don't have time to ponder, though, because they broke apart, and the Steve lookalike opened his eyes.

They were glowing white.

A glowing diamond sword suddenly penetrated Nomis's chest, and poked out on the other side.

Steve still couldn't move, but he gasped internally.

Glowing-eyed Steve looked at the real Steve as Nomis crumpled to the ground.

Herobrine grinned evilly.

***

Steve jolted upright in bed and gasped for breath.

It was just a nightmare, Steve assured himself.

It was still pretty dark outside, but he was pretty sure he saw some rays of light on the horizon. That meant he had only slept a few hours.

Steve laid back down, trying to get back to sleep. He tossed and turned for a few minutes, but couldn't do it.

Steve finally gave up and stood. He stretched, wincing in pain as he did so. That iron golem had left him sore all over his body.