3. Tripp

"What?” I ask as if I am truly pissed off at her for disturbing me.

"Umm... Sorry. We just have to pick a book out and figure out why we want to do this book as our project before the the bell rings.” She stammered.

Heh. She is already petrified of me.

"You pick the book and figure out why we should use it.” I grumbled.

"I can't. We need to make the decision together. I don't know your why...” she trailed off.

"Whatever. What books do we have to choose from.” I glared at her. She tosses over the page with all the books on it.

"You choose 3 you want, I'll choose 3 then we will see if any matches?” I commanded.

A few minutes later I ask her "Whatcha got?”

"Well, I, um would like to do either Rule of Bone, The Devil's Paintox or Tex.” She stuttered.

"Those suck. I got 1984, The Hunger Games and They Cage the Animals at Night.”

"Don't you think they are a little violent,” she whispers to me.

"1984. That is what I want to do it on. Take it or leave it.” I answered her with a smirk on my face. She looked like she was gonna pass out any second! Too funny. Maybe this won't be a bad year after all. Making her squirm all year has its possibilities...

"Sure. Sure. 1984. It. Is.” Poe managed to say, almost to herself. “So, um, Tripp why do you want to read 1984?” she ask a bit more confident.

"This book is coming to life sooner than we know it, our world will be his world. It has already started. Cameras at stop lights. Tracking devices on phones. These same phones can video anything anyone wants. You can find pretty much anything on anyone on a computer and the government is trying to stick their scrawny d*ck into everything that should be state mandated.” I raged.

"Tripp! Poe! What book are you doing your project on and why?” Ms Samuels roared over the class.

I decided to let her handle this. She looked at me like I was going to say something. I just turned my head and leaned back onto the desk.