23. Margaret Lindy

I open the door to my home to see my daughter with this boy. He is the foulest thing I have seen her drag home ever. And that girl has brought home various animals in all stages of life and death just to try to help them if she could. I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the house as that boy came following in after her. I didn't need the neighbors to see the mess outside my door. "Where the hell have you been?" I screamed at her. I am so furious! "Who the hell is this?" I turn my eyes towards this gangly, long greasy haired thug in front of me.

"Nice to see you too, ma." that little brat says to me sarcastically.

I roared, "I am not the one who has been gone for weeks upon weeks without a word to their parents. Or any sort of notice at school. The school called you know? You are suspended and will have to repeat tenth grade. They say even though you are are good student, that can't forgive almost two months of not showing up. Now I - I," I emphasized, "will be the laughing stock around here. How the hell am I suppose to show my face in town? Hmm??"

"Are you serious?" Poe barked back. "You are only worried about your status?? What if I was kidnapped or dead? You are not in the slightest bit glad to see me?"

"I knew you weren't dead. You are too much of a nuisance on me to die." I said matter of factly. "Also, your little friend Lana or Layla," Poe interrupts me.

"Lanie, mom. Her name is Lanie."

"Whatever. Lanie told me what was happening with this boy?" I questioned. Looking at him with thorough disgust and distaste showing throughout my features. "His dad took off to be rid of him? I wish I could do that. But I would just be shunned by all my friends."