5. Tripp

I'm sitting in the woods smokin' a joint with some of the others that are out here. There is me, duh. Then this dude named Cage or something like that. Total stoner. His hair just dyed jet black because some of the dye is still on his forehead. Loser. He has a pair of cut off shorts on and a dirty white t-shirt. Dude is kinda short. And I am not tall about 5'10", but this kid must be like 5'4" or something. Wonder if he is a midget... Maybe a rat midget. Heh. Heh heh. His face definitely looks like he is a descendent of rats. Another guy is with us. Haven't caught his name yet, but he is about 6' skinny as a rail. Definitely crack head. A bunch of his teeth are just gone. And he is always looking behind him or checking on the ground to see if someone accidentally dropped a rock! Lol.

I know how he feels though. I used to smoke it 24/7. And I really don't know why I smoked the crap. I was always looking for it, smokin' it or trying to find money to get it. I was paranoid and hid in a closet most of the time because I kept thinking the cops were going to stomp in at any minute. After about 4 months of this a friend of mine introduced me to my companion and nemesis - smack. Oh I loved it. I never shot it but I did smoke it and sniff it. And let me tell you I dumped Crack like she was a chick asking me to marry her, and had an affair with Heroin. Unfortunately, it had to end when I got busted and landed in juvi. And now my connections are lost. Detoxing in juvi really sucked. But days like today oh man, what I wouldn't give for a bag of that sweet sweet brown.

One other person was hanging with us. Her name was Alexa but all of us just called her Alex. I had been studying her for a bit. She's a stoner for sure. But she also has that look of bliss on her small gaunt face. Her hair was dyed this blood red color and cut in a short pixie that suited her small features. But her eyes were haunted. Haunting really. I could see her huge dilated eyes with a rim of blueish silver around them.  I needed, no, had to, without question in my mind, go and talk to her. As I was walking over to her, I caught a glimpse of another girl walking up into the woods. What the hell? That is the chick from English I think. She has on a light purple drapey kind of shirt that you should be able to see through, but under it she also has a darker purple tank on so that she is covered. On her legs was this hideous muck brown color capris and ballet shoes. Does she think she is in the fourth grade or something? Ha. I sneered to myself. Before I got to Alex, Poe slowly starts to walk over to me. She was trembling quite a bit, so I looked at her and stared right into her big sapphire eyes without blinking and she stumbled a bit and started to get really fidgety. After what seemed like hours she got to me and held out her hand for me to shake? Kiss it? She said, "I am Poe, your English partner and we really need to talk after school about our project."

I looked at her, gave a little sneer and replied, "Yeah?"

Stumbling for words she asked if I wanted to go to the library after school. I literally laughed in her face. She looked a bit shocked and taken aback.

"Well, we have to do this thing together and I NEED to get a good grade so I can get into a decent University!" she shrilled at the top of her voice.

"Wow, quite a set of lungs on you, huh? I bet you would give awesome blow-jobs," I snickered. Poe's face turned a dark crimson and she looked down.

"Um...Err...,"She was certainly stumped for words. After a minute or two she composed herself and calmly just whispered, "Well?"

"I don't inhabit the library much, but for you," I said sweetly almost condescendingly, I still won't!" I spat. She just stared at me and I stared back, not blinking or anything until she broke off our glaring contest. "I will however, meet you at The Stage," I smirked at her. The Stage is a small movie theatre that shut down and was abandoned ages ago. Some of the seats were still there and the counter for popcorn was still going strong. Basically it is used for 2 things, making out or doing drugs. But I didn't see why we couldn't do a little English homework in there.