20. Poe

Jack looked over at me with this sparkle? Sparkle in his eye. Odd.

I looked up and in front of Jack was this mountain of white powder. I just stare at him to see what he is doing. He puts some of the powder... Cocaine? I guess. And puts it in a spoon. The spoon is bent down. Kind of looks like the spoon wasn't sturdy enough to scoop really hard ice cream out of its tub. I notice him pinching some baking soda out of the box and sprinkles it over the powder. What is he doing? A science experiment. It is not like he is going to impress me with his chemistry expertise. I chuckle to myself. Jack takes a glass of water that is beside him and pours some into the spoon and stirs it a bit. Then grabs his lighter and lights it up and puts it under the spoon. After a bit he looks at it and smiles. He and Tripp nod their head down and then up in unison as if saying good job. I see Jack with a penny in his hand and scraping the spoon or something. Now I am completely lost. I thought you snorted cocaine. Picking up his razor, which is right beside him, he cuts the whitish glob into three sections. Puts one portion on a can. A soda can? It looks dented. And it has ashes I think on it. Maybe holes in it, like someone was jabbing a pen through the can. He snatches up his lighter and puts it over the white gob and I hear it sizzle. After he is done sucking in the smoke he puts the can down and holds his smoke in for a bit. After what seems like an eternity Jack releases the smoke from inside him. I look over and Tripp is following what Jack did.

After Tripp was done, he dumped on the third pile of white gunk onto the can, now with fresh ashes, and holds the can to me. I try taking it but I am truly uncoordinated and couldn't figure out how to place my hands. Tripp holds the can in front of my mouth and lights the lighter and lets it hover over the stuff. I hear the sizzle. He looks over at me, smiles, and in a really soft sweet voice tells me to inhale for as long as I can and then hold it for as long as I can.

Bells are ringing in my ear. I feel fantastic. What a high. So much different than heroin. I actually start chattering to the guys, but Jack keeps telling me to be quiet. I look over at Tripp and start to ask him what's up with Jack, but he just puts his finger to his mouth and silences me. And then mouths, I'll tell you later. I just nod.

About fifteen minutes later my head doesn't feel the same. I am coming down from the high I guess. That stinks. It was such a short high compared to the other stuff. But a good one.

We finally get out of Jack's place and back to Tripp's house with about a hundred and fifty dollars worth of cocaine.

"What in the world was all that?" I ask Tripp.

He looks to me with a smile and says, "You just freebased cocaine, little girl."

"Freebase?" I question.

"Yeah. You cook it up to get the impurities out of it."

"Oh." I say and then scratch my head. "Why did Jack tell us to be quiet all the time though?"

"Jack has been smoking for a while and after a longer habit you start to get real paranoid. Which is why I will do it occasionally. I hate the paranoia. You ready to blow a line with me?" He urges. Might as well at this rate. I actually don't feel that great. I feel upset to my stomach and I am so itchy.

"Baby," I say. "I am not feeling that good. My stomachs not right and I am itchy."

"Aww. Little girl, sounds like you getting sick from not having the dope in your system. We do some lines and you will feel good and when we are done partying I promise I can fix your pain, k?" I nod in affirmation.

Tripp lays out four thick lines of coke on his table. He takes a straw and cuts it so it is short and then sniffs one line into his left nostril and the other in his right. He leans over and hands me the straw and without hesitation I follow suit.

"Ouch!" I scream. That burns. He chuckles.

***

He decided it was a good idea to get drunk. Lucky me. I've never drank. I shouldn't be worried about it since I've been snorting heroin for a couple of weeks, freebased, and snorted enough cocaine for the Colombian cartel to sell! Apparently, Tripp knows some characters. The bouncer at the bar didn't even bother to look at our id's. He just threw on those paper wristbands that said 'over 21'. "How you know him?"

"Long story. Let's just say he owes me a couple favors..." he trailed off. "So, little girl, what do you wanna drink? Sky is the limit."

"Oh, um, I dunno. I've never drank before." I grumbled. I look up at Tripp and he is double over in hysterics. "What is so funny?" I scream at him. He holds his finger up as if saying hold on a minute. Finally, about three minutes or so later he calms down and wipes the tears he has in his eyes from laughing so hard off his face. He leans in to me, close to my ear and says, "Usually people start drinking then move on to the hard stuff... Do you do everything backasswards?" And once again he is keeled over in pure amusement. Ass. I look over at the closest bartender to us, and ask him what's a good drink that is a bit fruity and sweet.

"Give me a second, beautiful, and I'll whip something real nice up for you." He stares at me and sends me a huge grin before turning around getting the ingredients for my drink. The bartender comes back with this concoction in a huge glass. "Wow! That is enormous." I say.

"That is nothing baby, I can show you what enormous really is..." he trails off. Eww. What the heck? He is like fifteen years older than I am. Gross. I turn around to see if Tripp is still next to me. He is, but, he is in some sort of conversation with some slutty blonde bimbo with fake boobs hanging out of her belt which she assumed was a shirt. I grab a hold of his hand and whip him around so he is facing the bartender. "What the..." he starts saying before I cut him off. "MY BOYFRIEND," I enunciate perfectly and quite loudly, so both the bimbo and bartender can hear me, "won't be to thrilled with you checking me out like that." Tripp looks at me and I scowl towards him under my breath.

"No problem, shortcake, just giving you options." he replies with a grin still plastered on his face. Ugh!

"So what drink is this?" I ask the dude.

With a fake southern accent he replies, " Why, ma'am this here is whatcha call an Alabama Slammer."

"Oh, um, what is in it?" I ask. Like I would know any of the alcohol, but I thought Tripp could tell me later.

With the southern accent still he replies, "It has Southern Comfort, Vodka, amaretto, sloe gin and orange juice in it." Holy alcohol. The whole thing is pure liquor and some oj. Well, here goes nothing, I think to myself and I bring the drink to my lips and take a decent sip of it. I let it linger in my mouth for a moment. "Mmhmm," I moan. Oh my goodness I just moaned after trying a drink. I notice the bartender, Trip and the sleazy blonde all look at me... "What?" I question. "It's really good." Turning bright red in the process.

Next thing I hear is the blonde and Tripp asking for the same drink! I gave a giggle at that.

About three hours later and four of these yummy delicious fruity drinks I could barely focus or walk or talk if truth be known. Tripp has been playing pool with the blonde for a while and I am just watching. Or trying to, because in the state I am in I can hardly see. I sorta see Tripp standing close to the blonde and give her something. What's going on? I go to stand up to yell to him, but unfortunately my legs had other plans for me. As soon as my feet touched the ground, they buckled and I started spinning and slowly falling to the ground. To my surprise I never hit the ground. The skank grabbed me before I tumbled all the way down and dragged me into the bathroom.

Next thing I notice she and I are in the wheelchair stall and she has a mirror on top of the toilet paper holder. "Honey," she coos. Eww gross. "Tripp told me to help you. Here cutie, take this..." She hands me a straw and light dawns on me and I see the lines on the mirror and I bend down and sniff two lines right up one side of my nose.

Within a minute or so I am definitely not as drunk as before. I feel fantastic. The blonde does the last two lines and I follow her out of the stall. Before we actually get out of the bathroom I hear this loud thud. We run out and all I see is Tripp hovering over some guy and bashing his face in.