19. Tripp

Warning: Next two parts has explicit drug use in it. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up so if you aren't into it, you have been warned... :)

Poe and I have been holed up in my house for about three or four days now. I am not quite sure, though. Time just doesn't really exist right now for me. We've gone through gallons of water and barely any food. We've done so much heroin I don't know which way is up any more. I think I could be getting bed sores for not moving off my bed for ages. Poe too. I sigh. "What's up Tripp?" Poe asks lazily.

"Eh." I say emotionless. She just looks at me and lays her head back down on the pillow and closes her eyes. My brain starts conjuring up some plans. Yes. Plans. I need something to do. We have about two hundred bucks left from Lanie and even though I am enjoying my time with Poe, I'm bored. I feel the need to cause some trouble.

That is the problem when I do this sh*t. After I start coming down and all I get antsy. I want another fix but at the same time my brain is telling me to do something. "Poe?" She opens up her eyes and glares in my general direction and then lifts her eyebrows. "I am going to go out for a while. You can stay here if you want or you know just go home." Holy crap! I have never seen anyone jump off a bed so fast in my life. She looked outraged. "Whoa, little girl," Trying to calm her down with my voice. "What's up?"

"You are just going to leave me here?" She fumed.

"I said you can go back home."

"Why? What are you going to do? YOU have no money." she spat.

Damn who knew when this girl gets ticked she is evil. "Yeah, I got like two hundred left."

"Tripp," she looks up at me with this smile I have never seen on her before. It looks like she is mocking me. "I got that money and I want to go and do something too." Then she looks down and I don't know what is going on because I can't see her face. Her shaking hands go up to cover her face and I hear little sobs coming from her. Aw damn. She is crying. I'm an ass, I know it and she knows it but I didn't want to make her cry. "Hey, hey," I go over to her and pry her hands off her face. "What's going on? I guess I assumed you wouldn't want to go out with me. I just have this idea in my head to cause a little trouble."

She stops crying and just sniffles for a minute. "I wa-want," she stutters, "to go to..." I focus on her. You know really look at her. She is a stunning girl. My thumb goes under her eyes and I wipe her tears off her face. Then my hand goes to under her chin and I lift her head up so I can see her. I slowly lower my gaze to her lips and inch closer to her luscious lips. Our mouths are working in unison. Kissing and caressing each others lips. I lean back, and take her face into my hands, "Your my girlfriend, little girl." I state. She looks at me and she nods her head up and down as if she is saying yes. "I wasn't asking you, I was telling you." I smirked. "You better be able to handle me, little girl. You have no idea what I am capable of." I could feel goose bumps rise on her flesh. I stand up and bend down to grab her waist and smash her up against a wall. She wraps her legs around me and I kiss her. I get her mouth open and heighten our kiss.

***

It is around six p.m. now so we decided to go out and grab a bite to eat. Not such a good idea. Heh heh. We walked through the doors and Poe took one whiff of the food and started to gag. She spins on her heel and races around the building to get sick. I should have thought of that. Doing so much dope without that much eating, food sometimes gets you nauseous. It used to happen to me, but hey, what can I say, I am an old pro now. I run into the restaurant and grab a bottle of water for her so she can rinse her mouth.

"Thanks, Tripp." she mutters and looks down at her feet like she is embarrassed.

"Little girl, it happens all the time, okay? I wasn't even hungry, I just thought you might want something." I murmur to her.

I ended up going to the corner store and buy a few premade sandwiches and some chips. After tonight we will both be hungry.

***

I end up calling the dude that I get my sh*t off of to see if he has any coke. He told me he don't deal with that because "those people are plain out nuts." But he knew a few guys that could hook me up and finally we got a hold of Jack. Jack Conway. I haven't heard about Jack in, Christ, three years it must be. I was just this little weak kid and Jack took me under his wing and taught me how to survive the streets. The last thing I heard he was doing time for robbery.

***

Jack and I go way back. I must have been about ten and was walking home from school, yeah, I went back then, and he starts running after me. I panicked cause he must have been like fourteen, fifteen at the time and jacked. Totally 'roided out. I almost got to my street but stumbled on a frickin rock and fell on my face. I tried so hard not to cry. It hurt. My nose was completely scraped. I could see skin on the side walk. At this point I started to panic. I heard his footsteps stop right behind me. Then his foot digging into my side. I am a goner I thought. "You okay, kid?" he asked in a low raspy smoker's voice. I automatically put my hands over my head and with absolute terror in my voice uttered, "Please, don't hurt me." Then I braced myself. But after a few minutes passed I wasn't beaten to a pulp.

"Come on, kid, get up," and he offered his hand to me. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. "W-why were you ch-chasing me?" I stuttered.

"I wasn't. A cop was after me and you just happened to be in my path." He laughed hysterically. He was definitely a nut case. But, I liked it.

Oh was all I said. We started talking and I was telling him how my dad is a drunk and mom left. I guess he felt bad or really wanted a little brother so he taught me how to fight and to defend myself. How to steal... How to get girls too. He taught me everything I needed to know.

***

Poe and I are inside his place and I can tell Poe is getting nervous. We been there for about forty five minutes cause he and I are just shooting the sh*t, ya know?

"What's wrong with her?" Jack asks.

"She is scared." I chuckle. "This is her first time scoring." I turn to her with a grin.

"Dude, really? Oh man ya should have said something earlier."