17. Tripp

Sorry all, it has been so long since I updated. No excuses really, just maybe a brain freeze. I would love comments any comments are fine. They will only help me in the end and hopefully help you all to enjoy my writing more! On to Tripp!

Oh hell! Man that was so hot. I thought to myself. Never have any of the girls I've slept with made me feel this much pleasure. I was exhausted. I look over to Poe and she is curled up next to me sleeping. I fell asleep next to her.

***

"Tripp! Tripp! Tripppppp!" I heard Poe screeching my name but I didn't feel like moving. So I just feigned sleep. Next thing I feel is her tiny hand wrap around my wrist and nails squeezing into me. "Argh! What the hell, Poe?" I growled.

"You wouldn't wake up and it is around 10 a.m. and we've missed first and second periods." she replies out of breath.

"And?" I groan.

"And, you need to get me to school! I am in so much trouble now, I have to at least show up at school. I have 3 texts and 5 missed calls from Lanie. She said my mom is worried sick about me. And this last text she is totally freaking out because I am not at school!" she shouts hysterically.

"Here take this, little girl." I shove a bag and a straw into her hand. Honestly, I thought she was going to argue with me, but to my surprise she didn't. She held the little blue pouch in her left hand and had the cut straw in her right, just staring at them. Behind her eyes I could see she was debating with herself as to what to do. After a couple minutes a gleam spread across her eyes and a huge grin appears on her face. "Eh, I am screwed already," she says rather calmly and sniffs up the brown powder I gave to her.

"That's it, little girl," I grinned at her. Grabbing me a couple bags for myself and doing one right after the other.

"So, you going to be sick aga....?" Before I had time to finish she stands up and causally goes to the toilet and releases whatever was inside her. I heard the water running and gurgling noises and her spitting out the water. As casually as she left she sauntered back in, smiled at me and sighed in utter bliss.

"What's up with the smile?" I ask even though I know the answer.

"I'm happy."

That's all she said and then fell backwards onto my mattress.

"See, little girl, no worries with me around."

"No worries... No problems... No nothing..." She says practically under her breath.

"Yup."

***

Poe has been at my place for three days now. She ended up calling her mother and told her Lanie was having "boy issues"and needed to stay with her. Her mom was cool about it as long as she made it to school. She then called Lanie begging her to go along with the story and forge an absent note so she won't get in trouble. So Lanie did. She put that Poe was out of town last weekend and caught pneumonia and the doctors want to keep her at the hospital.

You know what? I should have become friends with Lanie. Damn that girl knows how to get sh*t done right. She knows a girl like 3 states away so Lanie asked her if she could get some stationary from the hospital and then write up the letter and send it from the hospital. Unfreaking believable! Me being the moron I am would have mailed it from my house. But that girl knows what she is doing.

By the third day of Poe's visit we ran out of dope. Which sucked cause I ran out of money. Well I had some but, dude, I have to eat and drink sometimes.

As I was sitting on the little couch in my living room I was trying to think of ways to get some money. I honestly didn't feel like breaking into someone's house. Not because I would feel bad but because it causes problems if I get stupid and caught. But if nothing else comes to mind I will do it. After a few minutes I came up with something I think might just work. "Might as well go home, Poe," looking at her with a hard glare. She cowered a bit from me. Heh, still scared. Sweet.

"W-Why?" She stuttered looking scared and a little angry, maybe?

"We did it all. No more fun to have." I said expressionless.

"Can't you get more?" That's it, little girl... She is on my page now. Now to reel her in.

"Poe," I say sweetly, "Baby, money is gone. My dad called the other day (lie) and said it be only a few days til he sends me some more cash. But til then I ain't got nothing." I see Poe's eyes and I know her brain is in overdrive trying to think of how to get some cash. After a minute or two she perks up a bit and asks me, "How much?"

Grinning to myself I tell her, "Well depends how much you want and how long you think you can stay here, little girl." I see Poe grabbing her phone and dial.

"Hey, Lanie its me."

"Yeah of course I am fine." She says kind of irritated sounding.

"Yeah. Yeah." Damn I hate when I can't hear the whole conversation.

"I need to borrow some money from you, Lanes." She quickly says to her best friend.

"Ah, a friend of mine, well he is in a tough spot and his dad like left..." She trails off. I couldn't take it any more so I start motioning to her to turn the damn speakerphone on. Finally she did.

"Okay..." Lanie says

"Well, he has no mom and like he has no job right now cause he is in school you know?" She lies almost like a pro. She continues before Lanie can speak. "He has no food in his house and needs to pay a few bills..." She trails off.

"Oh. My. God." She says dramatically. I chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah I know. It is horrible. And my mom refuses to give me any money and I feel so bad. I don't want him on the streets you know?" She starts crying into the phone. My girl. Yeah. So what? I said it. That is MY girl.

"Poe, stop crying. Who is it? How come you never told me about him before? Is that who you have been with?" Questions keep spewing from Lanie's mouth.

"He lives a few towns over, I met him this weekend when my mom and dad went to visit some friends. I was so bored I told them I was going to take a walk. So I just walked around and there was a park and this boy was sitting on the grass," overdoing it much, Poe I mutter to myself. "He had his hands covering his face and was slumped over. It was sooo sad to see. You know we started talking and he told me his story. And I thought my mom. My mom of all people would help. But she said she would not give some creepy homeless kid money. So I called you and..." Poe tapers off.

"I am so glad you did, sweetie," Lanie coos. How do I get it to you?"

Poe starts smiling, "Well I can get to our park in town in like and hour?" Poe looks over at me for confirmation. I shake my head yes, enthusiastically. I went to my room before she ended her conversation with Lanie and grabbed my phone to call my dealer to tell him I'll be seeing him in about an hour and a half. I smile.

I hop back on the couch and look at her. She has a huge smile on her face again. "What's up, little girl?" I ask.

"She said she can give me seven hundred in an hour. But she asked me if you needed rent soon. I said sure. So in a few days I'll meet up with her to get "rent." Damn.

"Baby, I am so proud of you." Poe is glowing. She lunges towards me and plants a huge kiss on me. That is a first I think.

"Tripp, so I figure you can drop me off about a block from the park and I will meet her and then we can play some more?" She asks tentatively.

"Most certainly." I grin.